20 Places That Can Make You Forget You Are on Planet Earth
There are so many amazing places on Earth, both man-made and natural, but some of them look like they are alien and don’t actually exist. For example, the “Door to Hell” in Turkmenistan that is 69 meters (226 ft) wide, or a casting pool in San Francisco that reminds us more of a secret extraterrestrial garden. When you look at them, you can’t believe you are actually still on our planet.
Bright Side decided to show some more treasures from our world that look amazing and alien at the same time.
1. A casting pool in San Franсisco
2. Kraken art installation in an abandoned building in Philadelphia
3. The Door to Hell, a burning natural gas field in Derweze, Turkmenistan
4. Marble Caves, Chile
5. Mosaic Steps on 16th Avenue in San Francisco
6. Giant’s Causeway, Ireland
7. The Kelpies: 30-meter-high horse-head sculptures standing near the Carron River in Scotland
8. Rio Tinto, Spain
9. The Crooked Forest, Poland
10. Manpupuner rock formations, Ural Mountains, Russia
11. Limestone pavement in the Yorkshire Dales National Park, England
12. The Waitomo Glowworm Caves, New Zealand
13. Spotted Lake, Canada
14. Amazon basin from the top between Belem and Manaus, Amazonas, Brazil
15. South East Essex College, Essex, England
16. Devils Tower, Wyoming
17. Old abandoned pier for tankers and supply boats, overgrown with coral, Southern Leyte, Philippines
18. Chocolate Hills, Philippines
19. Abraham Lake, Canada
20. Rainbow mountains Zhangye Danxia Landform in Gansu Province, China
Have you ever seen these places with your own eyes? Write a comment below if you want to visit them.