10+ Brain Teasers That Will Stretch Your Brain
It may seem like just fun and games, but riddles can be a true exercise for your intellect. In fact, studies confirm that stimulating your brain can improve your processing speed, planning, and decision-making skills, and boost your short-term memory. And we can still feel the excitement from when we find the answer to a really difficult puzzle by ourselves.
So get ready, because Bright Side prepared some challenging puzzles for you to solve today.
1. Which woman does he like?
- Our feet usually and unconsciously point toward the one who we’re most interested in. So in this case, the man likes girl number 3.
2. Who is the criminal?
- If you look closely, you can see that all of the costumes are really well made except for number 3. He was already wearing his stethoscope when he committed the crime and rushed to put on whatever he could find to create a costume: a skull mask, a vampire cape, the Hulk’s pants, and he even grabbed a bush to use as a t-shirt.
3. Where’s the mistake?
- Many may think that the ring is on the wrong finger. But that’s not the answer, as this is just a normal ring. The error is in the watch. Wristwatches are manufactured with the adjustment pin always on the right side.
4. Find the 12 differences:
5. Who is left-handed?
- The waiter is holding the tray with his right hand. From this, we can say that the waiter is left-handed. This is because a waiter always takes the tray with the hand that has the least skill, so as to serve the table, clean, and remove the dishes with the hand that has more strength and motor coordination.
Answer: The waiter is left-handed.
6. Where’s the ring?
- Box 1: “Here.” If the ring is in box 1, the statement in box 2 is also correct. Therefore, we will have 2 true statements and not just one.
- Box 2: “Not here.” If the ring is in box 2, information 1 and 2 will be false, with statement 3 being the only true one.
- Box 3: “It isn’t in box 1.” If the ring is in box 3, information 2 and 3 will be true, which doesn’t match the condition of the challenge.
Answer: The ring is in box 2 because under this condition, statements 1 and 2 will be false and 3 is the only true one.
7. Which lock fits the key?
8. What time should the last watch show?
- The final watch should read 5:19 because 42 minutes are added between each watch.
9. Which bucket will fill first?
- The pipe that goes to 4 is closed.
- The pipe that goes to 5 is also closed.
- Note that 3 is lower than 2.
Answer: We can conclude that 3 fills up first.
10. Can you detect your partner’s infidelity in his car?
11. Can you detect your partner’s infidelity in your living room?
Which riddle did you have to sneak and peek at the answer before solving?