18 Dads Who Said “No” to Pets but Ended Up Loving Them to Bits
It’s true that when we welcome a pet into our household, they become part of the family. But before that happens, certain family members can get hesitant about the idea of welcoming a pet. However, after spending some quality time together, everything changes and everyone ends up falling in love with the new furry family member.
Bright Side did some digging and found 18 dads who initially were against having a pet, but now can’t imagine their life without them.
1. “He said he didn’t want anything to do with my dog — then proceeded to buy a bike with a basket.”
2. “He said that cats aren’t friendly like dogs. Now they eat ice cream together like soulmates.”
3. “Dad was once very vocal about small dogs being expensive rats.”
4. “This is my brother-in-law 2 weeks after my sister took this boy in to catsit for a month, now they’re inseparable.”
5. “He says he doesn’t like them. They love him though.”
6. “The man who refused to care for the new kitten we adopted but fell asleep all snuggled up...”
7. “At first, he didn’t want any dogs, now we have 2.”
8. “My dad does NOT like dogs. Which is, of course, why he’s falling out of his chair to pet mine.”
9. “He insists he’s not an animal person and thought I was absurd for buying a leash. Now he always brings him outside.”
10. “My dad didn’t want EITHER animal. Now look at him.”
11. “My dad was adamant that the cat would stay in the garage while at their house. This is day 1 of letting him inside.”
12. “Dad said no more cats. This is how Dad is now.”
13. “He didn’t want a single one of them.”
14. “My dad did not want these roosters. Now he carries them around the property.”
15. “A dog person who was sick of us getting cats — then he found out our kitten fit in his pocket.”
16. “My dad didn’t want Luna, but he traded in his car for something more suitable to take her absolutely anywhere.”
17. “My dad said he just doesn’t really like cats.”
18. “This from a dad who said birds were the biggest waste of time...”
How many pets do you have? How long did it take you to become best friends with them?