19 Hotel Stays That Went a Little Sideways
Today’s life is all about travel and being mobile —whether we’re talking about business trips, honeymoons by the ocean, or student internships. Most “frequent flyers” have their own hotel preferences and secret “booking tips,” though nobody’s insured against mistakes and sudden surprises.
19. “I’ll take the stairs.”
18. The moment you realize that you’re staying in room 209:
17. “Privacy? Never heard of it!”
16. When there are no “DO NOT DISTURB” signs at your hotel, but resourceful is your middle name:
15. When you don’t want to pay more for a water view:
14. The dust on this phone seems like it’s been there for years.
13. “I’ll let you guess which one of these was working...”
12. “Staying in the Nightmare On Elm St. suite”
11. “I assume THIS is why it took 3 hours to clean the room before I could check in?!”
10. No one promised that the shower head would be attached to the shower.
9. Very convenient, thank you.
8. They were THAT close to making up the room properly.
7. Here’s a creative approach to solving an AC problem.
6. “For when you hate your guests at the hotel...”
5. “Here’s the door of my next-door neighbors — 3 nights of a crazy sorority party!”
4. Not exactly what you think of when booking a “charming antique hotel.”
3. Okay, thank you then for this small plate that surprisingly resembles an ashtray.
2. Just a little cozy catastrophe for perfectionists...
1. When you occasionally find out why there are so many tea and coffee sachets in the room:
We bet that many of you have remembered some tricky hotel situations while reading this. Feel free to share this article with a friend who stayed in the same room — or surprise us with some of your photo memories!