29 Animals Nature Designed in a Rush
There are animals that you just can’t take your eyes off of, some of them are extremely cute, and others are so scary that if you see them at night, you’ll wake up the entire street with your screams. But there’s one more group. When they were being created, nature got distracted. It’s like a naughty cat jumped onto the keyboard, deleted all the settings, and sent the project straight to print.
We at Bright Side are a little jealous of the creativity of evolution — the animals it has made are sometimes unbelievable.
1. This kitten has a tiny cat mark on his face.
2. This Spectacled Eider lives in Alaska and Siberia.
3. Jorunna parva is a sea slug that’s nicknamed the “sea bunny.”
4. This is a bearded barbet from the African barbet family.
5. Indri, one of the largest lemurs currently in existence
6. The red ruffed lemur that only lives in Madagascar
7. The tomato frog produces a special venomous chemical that can cause numbness in a predator’s mouth and eyes.
8. The radiated tortoise is protected by a special law.
9. The Andean cock-of-the-rock is one of the official symbols of Peru.
10. Gharials mostly eat fish, which is why they have such narrow jaws.
11. Southern viscacha, a rodent in the family Chinchillidae
12. Leaf-tailed geckos live in Madagascar.
13. The Honduran white bat doesn’t have a tail.
15. This striped possum is a marsupial.
16. De Brazza’s monkey was named after the Italian-French explorer Pierre Savorgnan de Brazza.
17. Stick insect from the Phasmids family
18. Von der Decken’s sifaka is named after the first European person who attempted to climb Kilimanjaro.
19. The Saharan horned viper has “horns” on its head.
20. Sea pens are colonial marine cnidarians belonging to the order Pennatulacea.
21. A unicorn katydid from the Orthoptera order
22. The Ankole-Watusi cows’ horns have the largest circumference found in any cattle breed.
23. The Lesser prairie chicken from the grouse family
24. The black-and-white snub-nosed monkeys live in the Hengduan Mountains. They can climb up to 3 miles above sea level.
25. The bearded reedling is the only species in the family, Panuridae.
26. The white-faced saki is a species of the New World saki monkey.
27. Sarada lizard from the Agamidae family
28. This is a bongo bovidae.
29. Portrait of a golden pheasant
Have you ever come across any strange-looking animals? We’d love to see their photos in the comments!