6 Tips to Make Your Neck Lines Go Away
Although the neck is a sensitive part of the body, we may neglect to take care of it enough. As a result, wrinkles and lines can appear. Having lines on your neck is normal in our modern world, but such a feature may add some age to your overall appearance. In this case, experts suggest some natural remedies that you can do right at home.
We at Bright Side think that each part of the body deserves to be treated well, and this time, we found some professional tips on how to make your neck look younger and get rid of unsightly lines.
1. Use your phone and computer the right way.
There’s such a thing as “text neck” or “tech neck.” We may spend hours looking down at our phone screens, and as a result, we experience pain in our backs and wrinkles on our necks due to this repetitive motion.
To prevent neck lines, adjust your computer in front of you and look straight forward. There are some special devices to arrange your screen in the right way if your table is not comfortable. This could be a laptop stand, for instance.
2. Use special apps to control your head and neck.
There’s a text neck app for Android and iPhone that gives you immediate feedback about your posture, helping you to control the position of your head. This way, each time you get notifications, you’ll have the chance to fight wrinkles even more effectively.
3. Don’t forget to cleanse your neck along with your face every day.
Every evening, it’s recommended to carry out the same routine.
- Take any makeup off of your face, including your whole neck area. Use a cleanser that’s good for your skin type.
- Apply some moisturizer to your face, including the neck as well.
Such a procedure will plump up your skin and remove toxins from your neck.
4. Exfoliate your chest.
We may exfoliate our body and face but we often forget about our decolletage. Yes, this skin is very sensitive but it needs attention so that it rids itself of dead skin cells as well. Don’t do this procedure aggressively, but very gently, as not to damage the skin. Do it once or twice a week.
5. Apply a retinoid cream
Retinoid creams are a good way to fight aging and wrinkles. 2% is the highest amount available without a prescription. Experts recommend applying this cream in a very small amount every 2 days. Don’t use it too much because it may cause dryness.
6. Do neck yoga.
Specialists recommend doing face yoga for 30 minutes every day for at least 5 months to get the best results. Here are some good exercises that can tone your neck.
Jutting out the chin:
- Sit in a comfortable position.
- Start jutting out your chin.
- Now, smile and hold this position for 5 seconds. Feel the tension in the muscles in your neck.
- Repeat 3 times.
- Do this exercise 1-2 times a day.
Kissing the ceiling is a very effective exercise to fix “tech neck” problems. Here’s how to do it:
Keep your shoulders down and relaxed.
Start tipping your chin up to the ceiling. You should feel a good stretch in the upper neck and chin.
Make duck lips and stick out your tongue at the same time.
Hold this position for 5 seconds. Repeat 3 times.
Do this exercise 1-2 times per day.
Here’s how to do the swan neck exercise:
- Sit in a comfortable position and relax your shoulders.
- Place your right hand under your left collarbone. Apply a little pressure.
- Begin to stretch your head and neck up to the right. Your position should resemble a swan’s long neck.
- Add “duck lips.”
- Stay in the position for 5 seconds and change sides.
- Repeat this exercise 1-2 times a day.
Bonus: Neck lines can appear, even at a young age.
Genetics and environment play a huge role in the formation of neck lines. It seems that elderly people are the only ones who get these wrinkles but it’s simply not true. Our world has many stress factors that can speed up their appearance.
If you feel that your neck skin is problematic, don’t lose hope. You can take action to help slow down the process. Train your face and neck muscles and avoid smoking. This can reduce neck lines significantly.
Did you notice that you also have a “tech neck?” What exercises or remedies help you to keep your face and neck looking young?