7 Tips From the Old Days to Get Rid of Acne Scars and Skin Imperfections
Statistics have shown that 95% of all people on our planet suffer from acne at some point in their lives. Acne and other skin imperfections can be provoked by dozens of various causes from your eating habits to using the wrong skin-care products. Until today, nobody has discovered the universal remedy to heal your skin once and forever. However, there are some really effective natural treatments that can help you get glowing and healthy skin without using any chemical or surgical remedies.
Bright Side gathered the most effectrive tips that our grandmothers used to make their skin look perfect.
7. Dark circles: turmeric + pineapple juice
Turmeric can help minimize dark circles under your eyes by producing antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects on your skin. Here’s how to make a mask to get rid of dark circles:
- Take 2 tsp of turmeric powder and 2 tsp of pineapple juice and mix them to make a paste.
- Apply the paste to the area underneath your eyes and leave it for about 10 minutes.
- Wipe it away with a soft cloth.
- Repeat the procedure every day until you see results.
This mask will also make the skin under your eyes smoother and softer.
6. Sunburns and inflammations: avocados
Avocados contain vitamins A, D, and E which help soothe sunburned skin, boost collagen production, and reduce skin inflammation. An avocado face mask is made the following way:
- Take half of the fruit and mash it with a fork.
- Add 2 tbsp of hot water to the avocado pulp and mix them.
- Apply the mixture to the affected areas with a brush and keep it for 10 minutes.
- Rinse the mask off with lukewarm water.
If you have dry or sensitive skin, you should add 1 tsp of honey to the mask.
5. Hyperpigmentation: potatoes + lemon juice
Potatoes contain various vitamins and minerals which are really effective in treating hyperpigmented skin, dark spots, and acne scars. Lemon contains citric acid which is considered to be a natural bleaching agent. You can make a brightening mask with these 2 ingredients the following way:
- Take a potato, wash it thoroughly, cut it into small pieces, and put them in the blender.
- Put the potato pulp in a strainer and extract the potato juice.
- Squeeze a lemon to make lemon juice.
- Take 4 tsp of potato juice and 2 tsp of lemon juice and mix them.
- Apply the mixture on the affected areas with a brush or a cotton ball in a thick layer.
- After applying the first layer, let it air dry for several minutes and apply the second layer and then the third one.
- Leave the mask overnight and rinse your skin with warm water in the morning.
- Repeat the treatment every day for a week.
If you have dry/sensitive skin, you can add 1 tbsp of honey and 1 tbsp of rose water to keep the affected areas properly hydrated.
If you have oily/combination skin, you can add 2 tbsp of rice flour to the mask.
The mixture can be stored in the fridge for 3-4 days.
4. Acne: apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar contains acetic acid and such microelements as potassium and magnesium. It’s a powerful detoxifying agent with antibacterial and antifungal properties that can help you stop acne problems if you use this toner:
- Take 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar and mix it with 2-3 tbsp of filtered or distilled water.
- Apply the mixture to your skin with a cotton pad after washing your wash.
- Wait until the toner has dried. You can use other skin-care products after it.
- Apply the toner twice a day or every time after washing your face.
3. Acne scars: green tea
Green tea contains phenols that have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties and provide benefits in treating scar tissue. This compress will help you get rid of acne scars:
- Put 2 tea bags or 2 tsp of loose-leaf tea in a bowl.
- Boil 500 ml of water and pour it over the tea in the bowl.
- When the tea is brewed, take the tea bags or tea leaves away.
- Take a soft, clean cloth and put it into the bowl and allow the liquid to saturate the cloth.
- Put the wet cloth on your face and leave it for 5-10 minutes.
- You can apply the compress several times a day.
2. Wrinkles: olive oil
Olive oil is a great source of vitamins A and E which fight skin-damaging free radicals and help regenerate skin cells. To prevent the aging process, you can do a massage with olive oil alone or make the following mixture:
- Take a few drops of olive oil and mix them with a few drops of honey and glycerin.
- Massage the mixture into your skin twice a day.
To prevent and reduce wrinkles, you can also massage your skin with coconut oil, emu oil, almond oil, or vitamin E oil.
1. Clogged pores: sea salt + honey
Sea salt contains tons of minerals and nutrients like magnesium, calcium, sodium, and potassium, which is why it can help balance oil production, remove dead skin cells, and boost their renewal rate.
Here’s how to make your own homemade scrub with sea salt:
- Mix 2 tsp of sea salt with 4 tsp of raw honey.
- Apply the mixture evenly to your clean skin and rub it gently.
- Leave the mixture on your face for 15 minutes, then rinse it off.
- You can use the scrub several times a week.
Bonus: aloe vera for flawless skin.
Aloe vera is rich in vitamins C, E, beta-carotene, and natural enzymes which have nourishing and anti-aging qualities. It can perfectly moisturize your skin, restore its pH balance, and enhance its elasticity. Aloe vera is also effective against acne and scars.
There are lots of ways to use aloe vera to get perfect skin:
- A cleanser: Take aloe vera juice and add some honey to it. Then apply the mixture to your face and clean it with a cotton ball.
- A scrub: Take an aloe vera leaf and add some rice flour or sugar to it. Scrub your face for 1-2 minutes and wash it with water after the procedure. You can use the scrub 2-3 times a week.
- A toner: Extract juice from an aloe vera leaf, add 2 tbsp of rose water and 2 tbsp of mineral water and mix the ingredients properly. Pour the mixture into an empty spray bottle and apply it as needed.
- A mask: Take 1 tbsp of sugar, 1 tsp of lemon juice, 1 tsp of aloe vera juice, 1 tsp of rose water and mix all the ingredients. Apply the mixture on the affected areas and let it air dry for 15-20 minutes. After that, wash your skin with warm water and wipe it with a cotton ball.
Do you have your own natural recipes to make your skin look perfect? Share them in the comments!
Preview photo credit depositphotos.com