6 Ways Vitamin C Serum Can Be Good for Your Skin
It’s almost impossible to do wrong when it comes to vitamin C consumption: you eat it, drink it, and unless you have an allergic condition, apply it to your skin. Seriously, people online are talking about its miraculous skincare effects these days. From acne to discoloration, “C” stands for “cure” and after learning more about it, you won’t want to live another day without it!
Bright Side has put together all the information you need to know about the benefits vitamin C can have on your skin.
1. It regenerates the cells.
First of all, scientific studies show that vitamin C is a potent antioxidant which means it plays an active role in the regeneration process of damaged cells. Along with a healthy diet, when applied directly on the skin, it boosts the process for a quicker recovery.
2. It eliminates trespassers.
Just like an antioxidant-rich diet fights free radicals for your immune system, vitamin C does the exact same thing for your skin. It’s easily absorbed by the skin and blocks the bad effects of UV light and polluted air, according to this study.
3. It helps treat acne.
According to research, vitamin C prevents inflammation which helps with wound healing and soothing redness. Since vitamin C is highly acidic, when applied to the skin directly, it’ll trigger the production of collagen and elastin.
4. It reduces the effects of aging.
While we’re on the topic of collagen, let’s not forget its tightening influence on firm skin. It’s known that the sooner you incorporate vitamin C serum into your daily skincare routine, the better results you’ll get in the long term.
5. It treats discoloration.
Vitamin C is known for constraining melanin production which causes dark spots and hyperpigmentation. It’s also efficient at removing under-eye circles if used regularly. And a toned complexion means a healthy glow.
6. It hydrates the skin.
Your skin loses its moisture during the day. And findings show that magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, a derivative of vitamin C, plays an important role in keeping moisture in your skin. Plus, you should always remember to drink enough water every day to help keep your skin looking beautiful!
In case you’re still not convinced, we’d like to mention that even celebrities with a fabulous glow like Lady Gaga use vitamin C serum in their beauty routine. Just take a look at her!
Things to keep in mind
- It’s most effective for skin in forms of ascorbic or L-ascorbic acid. Other effective forms of vitamin C for skin include tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, and methylsilanol ascorbate.
- Although it’s rare to be allergic to vitamin C, you’re recommended to test it first by applying a small amount of it to a covered part of your body and observing it over the following 24 hours.
- To benefit the most from the effects of vitamin C, include it in your diet too.
- Apply any kind of skin serum before your moisturizer.
What can vitamin C do for your skin? Give it a try and don’t forget to share your experiences with the Bright Side community in the comments!