20+ Absolute Units Whose Dimensions Are So Outstanding, They Seem to Be Out of a Fairy Tale
Comparing things is a great way to learn about the world. We know good in relation to bad and beautiful in relation to terrible. And it’s the same with sizes — when there’s nothing to use for scale, we assume things ourselves. But when we see a bridge with giant arms, on which a person looks like a tiny bug, or we spot a moth larger than a human head, we get goosebumps.
Here at Bright Side, we made a list of things with abnormal dimensions that seem fairy-tale-like, and we can’t help but share them with all of you. At the end of the article, there’s a bonus feature — a magnificent bridge in the shape of hands!
1. The true scale of Michelangelo’s David
2. “Say hello to my little friend...”
3. The recipe says to add one clove of garlic.
4. The Atlas moth, the largest species of moths
5. When your signifi-cat other is a big boy:
6. “I’ll have pizza today and start my diet tomorrow!”
7. From a trip to London a few years ago — my husband (6’1″) for size
8. A few of these berries make up a full meal.
9. Want some celery in your dish?
10. The cat’s name is Lasagna.
11. This plant didn’t skip the gym.
12. “I’m always very anxious. Luckily, my new weighted blanket arrived.”
13. It’s more of a “bana” than a banana.
14. Once a lap dog, always a lap dog.
15. This gargantuan cold boy
16. “The watermelon I got compared to a 2-liter bottle”
17. “Here’s one of our rescues, Yuki.”
18. An absolute unit of a ponderosa lemon next to a regular store-bought lemon
19. This massive Funyun!
20. A wind turbine blade getting transported
21. The Quetzalcoatlus northropi, the largest known flying animal that ever existed!
Bonus: The Golden Bridge in Vietnam made in the shape of giant hands
Have you ever seen anything incredibly sized? We’d be happy to see your comments and pictures in the section below.