20 Fascinating Surprises From Nature We Didn’t Expect to See
Inside every single one of us lives a little explorer, curious about the world around us. Oftentimes, we don’t have to go far to discover something wondrous, as nature will always have quite a few tricks up its sleeve. For example, have you ever seen a curly pigeon or a white praying mantis? Well, there’s a first time for everything.
We at Bright Side patrolled the Internet for various curiosities of nature to help you get to know our planet a little bit better.
1. “The way these caterpillars are eating this leaf”
2. “A tree inside another tree”
3. A bay in Madagascar that looks like an iridescent octopus from above
4. Butterfly eggs look like little mechanical parts close up.
5. “Flying lizards look like mini dragons.”
6. A rainbow ring around the sun
7. Jewel-colored corn created by crossing several varieties of corn over the years
8. This holographic bird that looks prehistoric
9. “The microwavable potatoes I left alone over winter break sprouted.”
10. This is a cross-section of grass under a microscope. The smiley faces are the channels that the water is drawn up through.
11. The unique pattern on this turtle
12. A full strawberry cycle
13. The Anti-Atlas Mountains of Morocco
14. A white orchid mantis
15. “Mother Nature’s color palette is incredible. This is in Broome, Western Australia.”
16. “A naturally curly feather pigeon”
17. “A heart-shaped rock with coral arteries I found at the beach”
18. A tunnel in Patagonia, Argentina that looks like turquoise dragon scales
19. “A jumping spider I found with green fangs”
20. “These tiny weeds in my garden look like a desert oasis.”
Which of these photos were the most eye-opening for you? Have you ever seen anything out of the ordinary in nature? Tell us in the comments!