20+ People Shared What They Found in Their Grandparents’ Attics. Are These Things Even From Our Planet?
Sorting out old stuff doesn’t always have to be boring. For example, George and Betty Davis were cleaning their attic and found a man-shaped figure which was created by Faberge and ordered by Nicholas II of Russia. Later, this figure was sold at an auction for $5.2 million. Of course, not every person’s attic hides some treasure but it is possible to find a lot of other things which may not be as expensive, but quite interesting!
Bright Side has decided to share the most extraordinary discoveries that people made at their grandparents’ houses. At the end of the article, there is a story of an unexpected heritage that everyone who likes the style of the ’40s dreams about.
1. “My grandparents own a set of glassware from 1911 that is made of uranium. When exposed to UV light, it glows green.”
2. “Found this table in my grandparents’ basement. What is this?”
3. “This was found in my grandparent’s house who aren’t big party animals. Is this what I think it is?”
4. “Found in my grandparents’ house — a collectors edition monopoly set with gold and silver pieces. Over 30 years old.”
5. A weird mug with a surprise inside
6. This is how perfume used to be sold:
7. “An old oscilloscope I found in my grandparents’ garage.”
8. “I have no idea what this is. Neither does my dad.”
9. “There’s a very thick liquid inside.”
10. “Found these at my grandparents’ house. What are they?”
11. “Found this thing at my grandparents’ house. It has numbers and weird symbols at the top.”
12. “Utensil used to push food onto your fork or spoon used by my grandparents back in the day.”
13. “Sword found in my grandparents’ attic.”
14. “I have no idea how this creepy mask could hang on the wall for so many years.”
15. “Found a big turtle shell at my grandparents’ house while cleaning.”
16. Now these things can only be found in museums:
17. A real relic!
18. “A student walked in and plopped this beast on my desk today. He said he found it cleaning out his grandparents’ basement. A 1930-something Underwood in pretty awesome condition!”
19. “Found this in my grandparents’ garage.”
20. “My fiancé found this in the basement of his grandparents’ house. It belonged to his great-great-grandfather.”
21. “Can anyone help me, my grandparents were given this wine from 1911. Is it worth anything?”
22. This wooden treasure was found in the attic:
Bonus: a shoe store
A man discovered a shoe store in his grandparents’ abandoned house. The store is over 70 years old.
The store was opened by the man’s grandmother who managed it until she got sick and was forced to stop the trade. Unfortunately, the grandparents never decided to open the store again. Many years later, their grandchild decided to check what was in the abandoned room.
Inside, there was a real treasure — shoes. Many of the models still look stylish even today. Fans of ’40s and ’60s fashion and also the people who love Converse and Endicott Johnson would definitely appreciate these shoes.
Not all of the shoes are in good condition — some of them became too rough. The man was offered to open a museum and he promised to think about this idea.
What would you do?