20+ Times Nature Surprised Us So Much, We Couldn’t Handle It
Nature is a surprising thing. Animals and plants can often deviate from the norm, like how penguin eggs can turn clear from the heat. Even when you think you understand the rules of life, there is always that strange exception proving that nature has a lot of things in store for us.
Bright Side has collected various photos that basically say: don’t toy with Mother Nature...she’s too busy toying with us!
1. No, this egg isn’t wrapped up oddly...Stress, disturbances, and even diseases can cause chickens to lay weirdly shaped eggs.
2. This bird-flower, the Moth Orchid, is such a lovely shade of purple.
3. Sharks have different types of eggs.
4. Not that I’d complain about getting a free side of crab...even if he was the one trying to eat my mussel!
5. Insert the “He grew a foot over the summer” joke here.
6. In the Maldives, dinoflagellates, a type of phytoplankton, have a chemical reaction that creates a glowing, blue light!
7. The glasswing butterfly’s friends must love making “You’re so transparent” jokes...
8. There’s an island in the Bahamas populated by feral pigs...it’s often called Pig Beach.
9. In Morocco, goats have been to known to climb Argania trees to eat their fruit.
10. Ayam Cemani chickens are born all black.
11. Who said crabs can’t be cute?
12. You can make a raw egg squishy just by soaking it in vinegar for 2 days.
13. You mean all this time we could’ve have frozen our bubbles?
14. I guess skates saw those shark eggs and took it as a challenge.
15. Stress can cause chickens to lay eggs with strange pigmentation.
16. One word: Eggception
17. I need to ask this shark for tips about getting abs like that.
18. Okenites are minerals that form such fragile, bendable crystals, they look like fluffy cotton balls.
19. With the help of fungus, ice can form so finely that it looks like hair... and it’s actually called hair ice.
20. Thanks to sulfuric gases, Indonesia’s Kawah Ijen volcano gives off an unusual blue glow.
21. In the Amazon, butterflies are known to drink the tears of caimans and turtles.
Bonus: Remember, the world all over is filled with diverse, beautiful, and wonderfully weird things.
Did these photos surprise you? Do you have any photos of weird things found in nature? Let us know!