17 Actors Who Auditioned for a Different Role But Made the One They Got Iconic
We all have our favorite legendary movies and series. But can you imagine if the main role would have been given to another actor? Imagine if Thor were played by someone else, and not Chris Hemsworth, or if Monica Geller from Friends looked nothing like Courteney Cox, or if the famous Harry Potter would’ve been a blond boy... We’ll never know what this would have been like, so we can only assume how it could be if the casting crew had made another decision.
Here at Bright Side we love getting to know the details of the moviemaking process, including casting sessions. If you do too, keep on scrolling!
1. Courteney Cox originally auditioned for the role of Rachel Greene on Friends.
2. Lindsay Lohan was meant to play the villain Regina George in Mean Girls.
3. Tom Felton said he originally auditioned for the role of Harry Potter.
4. Tom Hiddleston tried out for the role of Thor before he landed the part of Loki in the Marvel Universe.
5. Initially, Carice Van Houten was asked to audition for the part of Cersei in Game of Thrones.
6. Rainn Wilson auditioned for Michael’s role in the Office.
7. Cillian Murphy could have played Batman in Batman Begins.
8. Damon and Ledger were originally cast in opposite roles in The Brothers Grimm.
9. Ashley Greene didn’t get the role of Bella Swan in Twilight.
10. Miley Cyrus originally wanted the role of Lilly Truscott in Hannah Montana.
11. Eddie Redmayne revealed he auditioned to play Kylo Ren in Star Wars.
12. Reese Witherspoon auditioned to play Cher in Clueless, but it was Alicia Silverstone who got the role.
13. Gwyneth Paltrow was up for the starring role of Rose in Titanic.
14. Lee Pace auditioned for the role of Star-Lord in Guardians of The Galaxy.
15. James Franco wanted to get the role of Spider-Man.
16. Pretty Little Liars star Janel Parrish first auditioned for Spencer before landing the role of Mona.
17. Leighton Meester first auditioned for Serena in Gossip Girl.
Are there any other actors that we could add to this list? We’d be happy to see your comments and photos in the section below!