18 Easter Eggs Found in Movies That You’ve Probably Missed
Many directors love hiding little details to send secret messages to viewers. Such details are referred to as “Easter eggs” and are a pleasure for many movie fans. Whether they are special numbers, references to previous movies, or even hints to upcoming stories, finding Easter eggs is a little game most of us thoroughly enjoy.
Bright Side has found 18 Easter eggs that will make you want to grab some popcorn and watch your favorite movies all over again.
1. In Encanto, the hourglass pattern on Bruno’s ruana signifies his gift.
2. The subtle foreshadowing we get right before Selina is thrown out the window in Batman Returns: her eyeglasses’ shadow project the Catwoman mask on her face.
3. In Encanto (2021), when Maribel meets Bruno, there is a plant inside a boot referencing the plant in Wall-E (2008).
4. The A Bug’s Life picture that’s in Al’s apartment in Toy Story 2
5. This “9-inch nails” sign in Soul references Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross, 2 of the movie’s composers and members of the band, Nine Inch Nails.
6. In Little Italy (2018), Emma Roberts wore the same T-shirt as her aunt Julia wore in Mystic Pizza (1988). Both movies were directed by Donald Petrie.
7. This very clever hidden detail in The Princess and the Frog where the villain’s shadow turns the wallpaper into skulls and crossbones
8. This small nod to the creator of Candyman in Candyman — Burke is seen reading Clive Barker, who also wrote The Forbidden, the original Candyman.
9. The origins of Hercules’ cape in Hercules — The cape attached to his armor is the shawl that is given to him by his adoptive mother.
10. In Guardians of the Galaxy, Peter Quill’s ship is a nod to Alyssa Milano. Star-Lord had a big crush on the movie star, so he named his ship The Milano.
11. The Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers: Endgame, and WandaVision all reference the iconic Pixar Easter egg, “A113.”
12. Hiro in Big Hero 6 (2014) has a toy soldier from the video game in Wreck-It Ralph (2012).
13. The Annabelle doll makes a cameo in Shazam! (2019) because director David F. Sandberg also directed Annabelle: Creation (2017).
14. The genie’s lamp from Aladdin (1992) makes a quick cameo on Tamatoa’s shell in Moana (2016).
15. In Mulan (1998), Barry Cook and Tony Bancroft, the directors of the movie, appear as 2 firework handlers.
16. In Despicable Me (2010), the number on Gru’s ticket is 072069, as on July 20, 1969, the date of the first moon landing (which Gru watched in a flashback).
17. In Wreck-It Ralph (2012), the high score is 120501. This is a reference to the birthdate of Walt Disney (December 5, 1901).
18. In Monsters, Inc. (2001) Sulley calls the child “Boo.” But her drawings are signed “Mary,” which seems to be her real name.
Had you noticed any of these details before reading this article? Tell us in the comment section below about other Easter eggs you’ve found.