15+ Gorgeous People From the Past Who Could Hit One Million Likes on Instagram With Ease
Researchers found that your beauty standards can change just from looking at one highly-pleasing photo of an attractive person. But we know that some beauty is timeless and there are plenty of good-looking people over 100 years ago that would’ve given even the hottest modern celebs a run for their money.
We at Bright Side put together a list of the most stunning historical people that will make you wish time machines were a real thing. A nice bonus will be waiting for you at the end of the article showing that age also doesn’t define beauty.
1. Hermann Rorschach — the ’Brad Pitt’ of psychiatry, according to his online fans
2. Benjamin Piatt Runkle — one of the Sigma Chi fraternity founders, who’s anything but what we expect a ’frat boy’ to look like
3. Anna May Wong — total babe of silent film era who let her eyes do all the talking
4. Charlie Chaplin had to hide his boyish charm behind his costume to keep us focused on his comedy.
5. Cleo de Merode was the most photographed woman in the early 20th century. Definitely would’ve had the most followers.
6. Harry Houdini — you’d come for magic, but end up falling under his spell.
7. Coco Chanel would’ve served the most iconic OOTDs that everyone would die for.
8. Ernest Hemingway — his ’deep’ and sensitive captions would’ve been the cherries on top of his steamy pics.
9. Agnes Ayres — most likely to become a popular cosplayer.
10. Evelyn Nesbit — America’s first supermodel would’ve surely had the posts with most likes.
11. Geneviève Lantelme — the French heartbreaker, whose features define ’romance’
12. Marie Doro — the ’eccentric Helena Bohnam Carter’ of the early 1900s
13. Maude Fealy — rocked the 80s hippie aesthetic before it was cool
14. Johannes Brahms could make you swoon with both his symphonies and his disarming looks.
15. Lina Cavalieri — legend has it, she’s received 840 proposals, so we definitely wouldn’t be expecting her to check all of her DMs.
16. Lewis Payne — the ultimate bad boy of our dreams, and he knows it
17. Luzon woman of the Philippines — so stunning she doesn’t even have to try. Would’ve gone viral in a few days.
18. Lillie Langtry — inspired Sherlock Holmes’ only love Irene Adler and snatched our hearts as well.
19. Rupert Brooke didn’t just use his poetry to make everyone weak in the knees.
Bonus: Ernest Hemingway transformed from a dashing guy into a total silver fox in his later years.
Which one of these historical figures did you find the most beautiful? Do you have other people in mind who could complete this list?
Preview photo credit Sigma Chi Archives / commons.wikimedia.org