25+ Photos That Prove There Is No Place Like Scandinavia
Penguins in the Norwegian army, a Donald Duck political party in Sweden, and more than 400 islands in Denmark — Scandinavia is full of unexpected surprises. And they don’t stop there: they have urinals with an open city view, no nights during the summer, days for eating loads of sweet breads, and use Legos even at restaurants. Cold weather does not scare them, because Scandinavians have managed to bring warmth everywhere they go.
Bright Side is amazed by Scandinavian countries and wanted to learn more about their lives. Today we can’t wait to let you immerse yourself into this awesome atmosphere too. It’s time to explore!
1. In Sweden some restaurants don’t cut your pizza. They give you scissors and you do it yourself.
2. A bus stop library in Norway
3. A McDonald’s building in Norway
4. Urinals on the 21st floor at midnight in Oslo
5. In Denmark there are special hitchhiker-stations.
6. This Burger King in Norway has a sink for you to empty your soda in before you throw the cup away.
7. Check out the midnight sun in Norway — there is light at night as well.
8. “In Sweden we have trash cans with Wi-Fi to attract people to throw away their trash.”
9. In this park in Denmark, the authorities installed ladders on the trees to help kids climb safely.
10. New 6-packs of beer sold in Norway are held together only by glue, the only plastic is the handle.
11. Transporting cargo in Denmark
12. This shopping mall in Norway uses towels instead of paper towels in its bathrooms.
13. In Copenhagen the trash cans are often situated at an angle so it’s easier for cyclists to throw out their trash.
14. This police car in Sweden uses a roof box to blend into traffic.
15. Oslo, Norway has mobile charging stations that are powered by solar panels.
16. Busses in Sweden now have special baby chairs.
17. “I turned 18, so the Danish parliament sent me a copy of the Danish constitution.”
18. In Norway, the packed meat has a “thermometer” that tells you how many days are left until it’s no longer safe to eat.
19. This Danish restaurant keeps track of occupied tables using Legos.
20. A Norwegian moose stew recipe was sewn inside of a jacket that’s always on hand.
21. A Danish sperm bank has a special bike with a cryo tank.
22. In Sweden they celebrate The Fat Tuesday — a day when they eat lots of these Semla buns.
23. Norway has public bike tools.
24. The bathroom signs at a local mall in northern Norway depict reindeer instead of humans.
25. Waiting at a bus stop in Sweden you can see a perfect depiction of Scandinavian personal space.
26. Meanwhile, at work today in Northern Sweden...
27. Very clear water in Sweden
Have you ever been to any of these countries? What interesting things did you find there? Let’s share our stories and photos in the comment section!