20+ Loving Celebs Who Never Forget Their Moms, No Matter How Rich and Famous They Are
For many people, a mother can be that irreplaceable figure — tireless, loving, full of advice and recommendations, who would not hesitate to give everything for their children. And someone whose children can count on them at all times. The same happens to many celebrities, and although sometimes we tend to idolize them, they are flesh and blood people like us, who often want nothing more than the company or the hand of their mom.
Bright Side wanted to bring you a selection of images in which the humanity of these celebrities and their great love and pride for their mom are more than palpable.
1. Gwyneth Paltrow showed us how much she loves snuggling with her mother in a post on Instagram.
2. Bradley Cooper has taken his mother, Gloria Campano, to several Oscar ceremonies, including the 85th and the 91st.
During an interview for a well-known magazine, Bradley Cooper talked about what it was like to have his mother living with him in his Los Angeles home and he stated, “I love having her. I wouldn’t have it any other way.”
3. Leonardo DiCaprio has attended several events holding hands with his mother, Irmelin Indenbirken, who also seems to be a big fan of her son.
In 2014, during his BAFTA acceptance speech for his performance in The Revenant, Leonardo DiCaprio made a very special dedication: “There’s one person I have to thank,” DiCaprio said in his acceptance speech. “I would not be standing up here if it weren’t for this person. I didn’t grow up in a life of privilege — I grew up in a very rough neighborhood in East Los Angeles and this woman drove me for 3 hours a day to a different school to show me a different opportunity. It is her birthday today. So Mom, happy birthday. I love you very much.”
4. Jennifer Lopez was accompanied on stage by her mother, Guadalupe Rodriguez, who did not hesitate to sing and dance with her daughter.
5. Margot Robbie and her mother, Sarie Kessler, attended the 90th Academy Awards together and we can see their strong resemblance.
6. Jared Leto can’t hide his pride and joy at being in the company of his mother, Constance Leto.
In the picture on the right, we can see Jared Leto with his mother on the day he won the Oscar for Best Supporting Actor for the film Dallas Buyers Club.
When he went up to receive his award, he dedicated these words to his mother: “She was a high school dropout and a single mom, but somehow she managed to make a better life for herself and her children. She encouraged her kids to be creative, to work hard, and to do something special. That girl is my mother, and she’s here tonight. And I just want to say, I love you, Mom. Thank you for teaching me to dream.”
With these words, it was clear why the actor decided to have his mother accompany him to this event.
7. Chris Evans and his mother, Lisa Capuano, often make photographers smile.
8. Anne Hathaway won’t let go of, her mother, Kate McCauley Hathaway’s hand during the unveiling of her star on the walk of fame.
9. Ansel Elgort and his mother, Grethe Barrett Holby, show the great love and complicity they have for each other.
10. Timothée Chalamet and his mother, Nicole Flender, cannot deny that they are mother and son: their smile, their posture, and even their eyes give them away.
11. Charlize Theron and her mother, Gerda Maritz, are the spitting image of elegance and a close relationship.
12. Tom Cruise firmly holds the hand of his mother, Mary Lee Pfeiffer, on the red carpet at the 66th Golden Globe Awards.
13. Vin Diesel appeared at a premiere with his mother, Delora Vincent, and they showed how close they really are.
14. Sandra Oh went along with her endearing mother, Young-Nam Oh, to the 70th Emmy Awards. The artist’s mother wore a stunning traditional costume and her daughter looked extremely proud.
At the 2019 Golden Globes Awards, Sandra Oh didn’t want to pass up the opportunity to show her appreciation to her parents, “There are 2 people here tonight and I’m so grateful that they’re here. I’d like to thank my mother and my father.”
15. Laura Dern and her mother, fellow actress Diane Ladd, appeared together at the 2020 Oscar Awards. Their affection and admiration for each other was visible at every turn.
When Laura Dern became a proud and excited Oscar winner in 2020, she dedicated a good part of her speech to her great role model: “Some say, ’Never meet your heroes,’” Dern said during her emotional acceptance speech. “I say if you’re really blessed, you get them as your parents. I share this with my acting hero, my legends, Diane Ladd and Bruce Dern. You got game. I love you.”
16. Ryan Reynolds is known not only for his work as an actor, but also for his outstanding and peculiar sense of humor, the same one he seems to show off with his mother, Tammy Reynolds, on the red carpet.
17. Justin Timberlake and his mother, Lynn Bomar Harless, looked extremely happy and excited walking arm in arm at the 83rd Academy Awards.
18. Miley Cyrus’ relationship with her mother, Tish Cyrus, has always been very close. Both have proven to be not only mother and daughter, but also great friends and adventure partners.
19. Singer and actress, Selena Gomez, is very close to her mother, Mandy Teefey, who accompanies her whenever she can.
20. In this case, Sofia Vergara is a young mother, and she appears at every possible event in the company of her son, Manolo.
Manolo, the actress’ son, was and still is Sofia Vergara’s great companion at each of her events. Their relationship is really good and Manolo seems to feel a great admiration for her: “What I’m most proud of is that she’s still the same, she hasn’t changed,” Manolo says in the clip. “She has her career and she still managed to raise me at the same time—that’s pretty great.”
21. Justin Bieber is one of the celebrities who makes many appearances with his mother, Pattie Mallette. On this occasion, she accompanied her son and his wife, Hailey, to an event for YouTube.
22. Rihanna is usually spontaneous and natural at her appearances, and this is also the case when she comes along with her mother, Monica Braithwaite. They have a relationship that seems to be filled with admiration and a lot of fun.
In 2013, Rihanna’s mother surprised her daughter and the audience by presenting her with her first American Music Awards award. Visibly moved, she dedicated a few words to her daughter: “I know the journey and your career has not always been an easy one,” Braithwaite said. “But tonight I applaud and admire you for being so strong and so positive and so humble and so focused... I’m so blessed to be part of this historic moment.”
23. Halle Berry and her mother, Judith Ann Hawkins, have a very special and close relationship. After Judith raised the actress on her own, Halle’s admiration and pride for her mother seem to be more than clear in her gestures and glances.
What was the most important situation or event that you did not hesitate to go to with your mother? What are the reasons for why a mother can be the best company?
From being labeled “too disruptive” early in his career to becoming a Hollywood icon, Leonardo DiCaprio’s journey to stardom has been marked by resilience and determination. Despite facing numerous rejections, DiCaprio’s unwavering commitment to his craft propelled him to the pinnacle of cinematic success. Beyond his achievements, he remains a humble individual, deeply invested in environmental causes and the well-being of those around him.