26 Mind-Blowing Psychology Facts That You Never Knew About People
Learning something new about yourself is always interesting and entertaining. And understanding the psychology behind the way we behave, treat others, and express ourselves can be even more appealing.
Today, we here at Bright Side have compiled a list of the most surprising psychology facts that can help you better understand yourself and others.
- Any friendship that was born in the period between 16 and 28 years of age is more likely to be robust and long lasting.
- Women generally prefer men with deep husky voices because they seem more confident and not aggressive.
- The people who give the best advice are usually the ones with the most problems.
- The smarter the person is, the faster he thinks, and the sloppier his handwriting is.
- Our emotions don’t affect the way we communicate. In fact, the very opposite is true: the way we communicate has an influence on our mood.
- The way a person treats restaurant staff reveals a lot about their character.
- People who have a strong sense of guilt are better at understanding other people’s thoughts and feelings.
- Men are not funnier than women: they just make more jokes, not caring whether other people like their humor or not.
- Shy people talk little about themselves, but they do this in a way that makes other people feel that they know them very well.
- Women have twice as many pain receptors on their bodies than men, but they have a much higher pain tolerance.
- Listening to high-frequency music makes you feel calm, relaxed, and happy.
- If you can’t stop your stream of thoughts at night, get up and write them down. This will set your mind at ease so you can sleep.
- Good morning and good night text messages activate the part of the brain responsible for happiness.
- Doing things that scare you will make you happier.
- The average amount of time a woman can keep a secret is 47 hours and 15 minutes.
- People who try to keep everyone happy often end up feeling the loneliest.
- The happier we are, the less sleep we require.
- When you hold the hand of a loved one, you feel pain less keenly and worry less.
- Intelligent people tend to have less friends than the average person. The smarter the person is, the more selective they become.
- Marrying your best friend eliminates the risk of divorce by over 70%, and this marriage is more likely to last a lifetime.
- Women who have mostly male friends stay in a good mood more often.
- People who speak two languages may unconsciously shift their personalities when they switch from one language to another.
- Being alone for a long time is as bad for your health as smoking 15 cigarettes a day.
- Travel boosts brain health and also decreases a person’s risk of heart attack and depression.
- People look more attractive when they speak about the things they are really interested in.
- When two persons talk to each other and one of them turns their feet slightly away or repeatedly moves one foot in an outward direction, this is a strong sign of disagreement, and they want to leave.
Based on materials from 8FACT