25 Reasons Why Everyone Should Have a Retriever
Retrievers have been one of the most popular breeds in the world for many years and there’s a good reason why. They are super-friendly and love everybody, the’re lots of fun and full of silly energy, plus they are simply always happy. The pictures below show you why we all love retrievers and don’t miss the touching bonus at the end.
We at Bright Side put together a bunch of photos showing the awesome nature of these dogs.
1. They know how to have fun.
2. They are great at landscaping.
3. They know how to change color.
4. They are great team players.
5. They look after others.
6. They are very romantic.
7. They are very loyal.
8. They eat anything, even water.
9. or fire...
10. Snow is good for eating too.
11. They’re ready for any challenge.
12. They know how to respect their elders.
13. Their photobombing skills are unbeatable.
14. They can sleep anywhere.
15. They know how to exercise.
16. They make good pillows.
17. Hello, little caterpillar, are you my baby?
18. That’s a very comfy chair.
19. What’s better than one retriever? 5 retrievers.
20. I am upside-down dog.
21. Oops, I did it again.
22. The water got lab tested.
23. Let’s skip the middleman, put the food directly in my mouth.
24. Retriever invasion
25. Besties forever
Bretagne, the Last 9/11 Ground Zero Service Dog
In this bonus, we want to ask you to remember those dogs who work on rescue teams, with blind or disable people, or who help firefighters. We want to highlight the story about Bretagne, a Golden Retriever who was a search-and-rescue dog that worked at many different places including the rubble of the World Trade Center site looking for survivors. For her last walk, she received an honor wall and salute. She has also been honored with a statue in her home town. RIP, Bretagne, thank you for your service.
Do you have a Lab or a Goldie? Or maybe a Curly Coated Retriever? Please share a photo of your furry family member with us in the comments below.