15 Times the Universe Got Bored and Decided to Put on a Real Show
Scientists have estimated that there are around 8.7 million species of plants and animals in this world. That means there are at least 8.7 million ways in which nature can surprise us with its ingenuity and unmatched artistic vision.
Bright Side presents you with 15 cases in which the universe put on a wild show, and luckily, some people with cameras had front row seats.
1. “An interesting bird I caught at my job last fall — yes, that’s right, this is a bird.”
2. “So, my bro was cutting some chillis yesterday and we found this hottie.”
3. “I just wanna show you how tall my plant got.”
4. “Mamma’s trees make the biggest lemons.”
5. “The most perfect heart-shaped potato!”
6. “It’s so bloody hot here in Australia at the moment, and I wondered why birds weren’t using our birdbath.”
7. “Here’s a rare adult orchid mantis from Malaysia.”
“Beautiful specimens such as these are rare because their fabulous coloration attracts birds and they usually don’t survive to adulthood.”
8. “The tomato we grew looks like Sauron’s eye.”
9. “An orange cucumber from my parents’ garden”
10. “This leaf-looking insect”
11. “I found this leaf that looks like a weather radar.”
12. “This plant in our office is 4 stories tall.”
13. “This strawberry’s seeds started sprouting while it was still on the plant.”
14. “This tree that has grown across the driveway and sprouted more trees off the top”
15. “The inside of my purple cabbage”
Have you ever witnessed nature’s brilliance firsthand? Tell us about it.