21 People Who Can Turn Any Challenge Into an Opportunity
According to scientists, being a realist will give you a better sense of well-being than being a relentless optimist. That’s because setting more realistic expectations will protect you from greater disappointment, and it will allow you to make sound decisions. It’s quite an interesting point to think about, since challenges are inevitable in our everyday lives, and it’s up to us to find the best way to handle them.
Bright Side found 21 people who encountered epic fails and funny mishaps but turned things around with a good laugh, a clever fix, or a positive attitude.
1. “Bad news: I accidentally washed a nice wool shirt that I really loved, and it shrunk a LOT.
2. “My little brother had to get his head shaved. He made the most out of it.”
3. “The restaurant we went to had this funny picture inside. Our disabled friend did this.”
The text in the frame says, “It won’t always grow back.”
4. “Our living room wasn’t the venue we were expecting, but it was still the happiest day of my life!”
5. “My 1-year-old has been up since 3 a.m. But we’re at the beach, so I took her to watch the sunrise.”
6. “I dropped a box of spaghetti on the ground and accidentally graduated from art school.”
7. “Stepped on this half-chewed bone. Good thing I bought fun Band-Aids last week.”
8. “My son was sad when the rain ruined our outdoor plans. The rain didn’t stop, so we went outside anyway.”
“It ended up being one of the most memorable experiences we’ve shared.”
9. “We moved into our apartment, sight unseen. I’m 5’11”. At least I’ll get my squats in, right?"
10. “My son has Flat Head Syndrome and needed a corrective helmet.”
“Instead of people feeling sorry for him, I wanted positivity around him. So this is what I did.”
11. “My wife bought a costume for our dog. It was too small, so we tried it on the cat.”
12. “At least it was iced coffee and not scalding hot.”
13. “Well, at least the lock works.”
14. “I accidentally bought hotdog buns instead of hamburger buns, so guess who made ’hotdurgers.’”
15. “A mouse ate the face of my mom’s Christmas angel. But she ‘fixed it’ so you can’t tell the difference.”
16. “A couple blocked my view, so I made the best of it and shared the pictures with them.”
17. “My dad injured his leg and was told to ice it, so he took advantage of the first major snowfall.”
18. “My orthodontist told me I’d have my braces on for Halloween. Thought I might as well take advantage of it.”
19. “Old man with a sense of humor”
20. “Armless fun at the beach”
21. “My sister proudly showing off her first snow angel!”
Do you like finding creative solutions to challenges? And do you have a witty idea that can complete this phrase — “When life throws you lemons....?” We’ll be waiting for your suggestions in our comment section.