20 Actors Who Played Famous People in Movies and the Resemblance Is Uncanny
To be an actor is to make the audience believe that the characters you play are as real as the audience is. But what’s more challenging is to portray a real-life figure that almost everyone around the globe knows. It can take an ocean of effort to find an actor who would be able to dive into the stories of a famous person and amaze us with their talents once more. And when these actors meet the right makeup professionals, we get to observe the wonderful magic of biopics.
Bright Side was struck by the likeness of some actors and real people in several movies. And we can’t wait to share our findings with you!
1. Salma Hayek as Frida Kahlo, Frida
2. Rami Malek as Freddie Mercury, Bohemian Rhapsody
3. Eddie Redmayne as Stephen Hawking, The Theory of Everything
4. Cate Blanchett as Bob Dylan, I’m Not There
5. Daniel Day-Lewis as Abraham Lincoln, Lincoln
6. Gary Oldman as Winston Churchill, Darkest Hour
7. Steve Carell as Bobby Riggs, Battle of the Sexes
8. Geoffrey Rush as Alberto Giacometti, Final Portrait
9. Christian Bale as Dick Cheney, Vice
10. Sissy Spacek as Loretta Lynn, Coal Miner’s Daughter
11. James Franco as James Dean, James Dean
12. Gwilym Lee as Brian May, Bohemian Rhapsody
13. Julianne Moore as Sarah Palin, Game Change
14. Sean Penn as Harvey Milk, Milk
15. Adrien Brody as Salvador Dalí, Midnight in Paris
16. Robert Downey Jr. as Charlie Chaplin, Chaplin
17. Joe Mazzello as John Deacon, Bohemian Rhapsody
18. Matthew Broderick as Col. Robert Gould Shaw, Glory
19. Jennifer Lopez as Selena Quintanilla, Selena
20. Eric Elmosnino as Serge Gainsbourg, Gainsbourg: A Heroic Life
Which resemblance do you find incomparable? Do you know of any other movies where you couldn’t find any differences between an actor and a real person?