15 People Who Deserve to Star in a Superhero Movie
For us, a real-life hero means much more than a movie superhero in a cape. But how do you define a hero? We say that a hero is the embodiment of courage, kindness, strength, ambition, and selflessness. A hero inspires, encourages, gives you hope, and overall makes you feel better about the world we live in.
We at Bright Side feel like all these different fantastic people we’ve rounded up below deserve to be the star of a superhero movie. Either for their resilience, their self-sacrifice, or their bravery.
1. Chef Andre Rush has cooked for 3 Presidents. He’s best known for doing 2,222 push-ups every day.
2. During the photo shoot, the groom jumped into the pond and saved a kid who had fallen in.
3. Nicholas Lavery is the first special operator to return to combat as an above-the-knee amputee.
4. “My mom, smiling after saving 40 kids from a burning school bus.”
5. 19-year-old Charlotte Heffelmire lifted a pickup truck off her trapped father and then saved her family from a fire.
6. When she was 17, Juliane Koepcke survived a plane crash and 9 days in the Amazon jungle.
7. At 35, Dr. Jonny Kim has accomplished the top 3 childhood dreams in one lifetime: Navy SEAL, doctor, astronaut.
8. Mike Day (left) is the US Navy SEAL who was shot 27 times during one incident while on tour in Iraq.
9. Chris Mintz, the hero that charged the UCC shooter to help save others, is smiling after having surgery to remove 7 bullets.
10. Ross Edgley is believed to be the first person to swim around the island of Great Britain.
11. Alyssa Carson is a 17-year-old who’s being trained by NASA to become an astronaut.
12. William Kyle Carpenter is the youngest living Medal of Honor recipient after he threw himself in front of a grenade to protect a fellow Marine.
13. James Harrison’s blood has helped save the lives of more than 2 million babies.
James Harisson’s plasma contains an antibody used to create a remarkable treatment known as Anti-D that protects unborn babies from the deadly Rhesus D Haemolytic Disease (HDN).
14. Jarrett Adams was falsely imprisoned for 10 years, used a prison library to study law, had his conviction overturned, became a lawyer, and is now helping overturn other false convictions.
15. Claudia Martinez is a 4th-year medical student at the same hospital that treated her through her 6 brain surgeries.
Would you watch a movie about these real-life superheroes? Tell us in the comments which of them impressed you the most and share any similar stories you have with us.
Preview photo credit realchefrush / Twitter