16 Beauty Tips to Turn You Into a Hollywood Star
When you receive a last-minute invitation to a date or a cool party, the wish to refuse can be strong because your working day has been etched on your face. Luckily, you can use some makeup tricks to be the star of the evening.
Bright Side has collected some recommendations that will help you freshen up your face quickly.
16. A mask for radiant skin
Instead of applying foundation, it is better to take 15 minutes to help your skin recover. To get the best out of “reanimation” remedies, you should first cleanse your skin well. For this, there is a cool mask, which will cleanse your pores and remove blackheads.
To make the mask, pour 2-3 teaspoons of milk into a bowl, and add 1 tablespoon of gelatin. Let it soak for some time. Microwave the mixture for 30 seconds or until the mixture takes on a creamy consistency. When the mixture is touchable yet warm, carefully apply it to your face. Let the mask dry, and then peel it off gently.
15. Get rid of blackheads in 10 minutes
If you need to remove blackheads, you can use a quick mask. Combine honey and cinnamon until you get a paste. Apply it in a skinny layer over the blackheads, and place a strip of clean cotton over it. Remove it after 5 minutes, and rinse your face.
14. Quick restoring masks
You can use a prepared mask to pamper your tired skin, or you can make these masks yourself. We are sure you already have some of the ingredients in your fridge.
- For dull and lifeless skin: Hydrate and relieve dryness by blending cucumber with aloe vera gel, gently applying the mixture, leaving it for 30 minutes, and rinsing.
- For acne: Apply egg whites on your face for 10-15 minutes and wash off.
- For hyperpigmentation: Reduce dark spots with a homemade turmeric mask by mixing turmeric powder and raw honey, applying for 10 minutes before rinsing.
13. Apply several masks at the same time
Whether you have combination skin or you want to treat multiple issues at once, the simultaneous use of several masks is a great solution.
12. Moisturize your skin correctly
To make your face look fresh for the whole evening, you should moisturize it well. For this, you need to choose the right type of product.
- For dry skin, creams with a beeswax base are a good choice. The cream should not contain water.
- For oily skin, you should use light emulsions and fluids which contain natural silicone (dimethicone).
- For normal and combination skin, creams with mineral oils and dimethicone are good moisturizers.
11. Removing dark circles from under the eyes
- To mask different imperfections, try color correcting: green will neutralize any inflammations; peach and pink colors will brighten up dull skin; yellow will mask vascular spots or small scars; orange will help to mask dark circles under your eyes.
- If color correction is not enough to get rid of those dark circles, you can try applying wet tea bags to your under-eye area. After that, mask the rest with a concealer. Apply the concealer not in a half-circle shape right under your eyes but in an inverted triangle shape.
10. Self-tan in 15 minutes
To get a really cool tan you don’t need to go to a solarium. You can create a toning cream by mixing your favorite moisturizing cream with cocoa. Keep in mind that the mixture should be a little darker than the desired shade.
9. Quick curls for long hair
This advice will help you curl long hair fast. Just twist part of your hair, and slide a hair straightener along it.
8. An elegant hairdo in 5 minutes
If you think that doing your hair is a 30-minute or a 1-hour event, then you might be mistaken. You can easily find much quicker options from various bloggers. For example, an elegant twisted bun will only take 5-10 minutes of your time.
7. The secret of thick hair
6. Mirror chrome nails in 10 minutes
If you don’t have time for visiting nail salons, there is a win-win solution which will always look relevant. And that solution is mirror nails.
For mirror nails you don’t need to use a special nail polish — you can simply buff chrome powder (glitter) onto your gel nails. And here it is! A 5-minute manicure. You can also apply glitter to the tip of your nail for an excellent French manicure.
5. Apply powder through a tissue
- Heavy makeup and foundation can worsen the condition of your skin. Instead, it is better to use light mousses and transparent face powders. Alternatively, you can apply your usual powder through a tissue. The powder layer will be as light as if you aren’t wearing any at all.
4. Highlight correctly
- A highlighter can mean a lot to us. It’s not necessary to contour your face completely — you can simply highlight your nose lines, cheeks, and the areas around your brows and lips.
- A thick layer of blusher is not something you need. A slight touch of the brush or a little liquid blusher will be more than enough.
3. Ideal brows
- You can get ideal brows by following 3 main rules: don’t make them too square, blend your brow pencil properly, and don’t make your arches too long.
2. Plumping your lips
To make your lips look stunning, you can plump them with the help of a toothbrush, sugar, cinnamon, and olive oil. Apply sugar to a toothbrush, then gently scrub your lips. After this, apply a mixture of cinnamon and olive oil.
1. Vaseline for your breasts
If you want to retain the shape of your breasts, rub Vaseline on them every night before going to bed. After 2 weeks, you’ll notice that the skin has become more elastic and moisturized and is generally firmer.