21 Photos That Show the Magic Power of Our Genes
When we hear the word “genes,” we immediately think about something scientific. But you don’t need to grab a textbook on biology to understand genetics — we’ll help you see its power in another way. Once you take a look at the photos below, it will all become quite clear.
We at Bright Side would like to show you how strong and cool genes are. It’s hard to believe some of these similarities! It’s worth noting that genes show their strength not only in the same nose, eyes, or smile. And we’re ready to prove this to be true in the bonus feature of the article!
21. Being cool is a sign of kinship.
20. Mother (1980) on the left and her daughter (2014) on the right
19. “Do I look like my mom or what!?”
18. “My firstborn in 2015 (left) and my second child in 2019 (right) — they both had the same due date but are 4 years apart!”
17. “Gave birth to a male version of myself.”
16. Mommy’s twin
15. Granddaughters with their grandmothers
14. A branded family smile
13. “She definitely favors her dad but she’s mine too!”
12. No DNA test needed!
11. These eyes are a family trait.
10. Sisters? More like twins...
9. Poses are also inherited.
8. This daughter got her mother’s beauty.
7. “That afro flow runs in the family.”
6. The power of genetics in a brother and sister
5. Mommy’s copy
4. “I’ve always been told I look like my grandma.”
3. “My mom (Riga, 1990) and me (St. Petersburg, 2018)”
2. “Me and my dad, both at age 3”
1. Her mother’s twin
Bonus: “My grandpa, father, and myself (top left, bottom left, right) — 3 generations of aviators”
Who of your family do you look like? What family traits have you inherited? Share your photos in the comments.