Top 4 Orthopedic Pillows From Amazon for a Healthy Sleep in Any Position
Orthopedic pillows do provide a better quality of sleep. Research shows that the absence of pain, a comfortable position, and a cool temperature help you fall deeper into sleep and get the rest you need. However, to get these benefits, it is important to choose the right pillow. So today we have looked at the main types of orthopedic pillows so that you can choose the best for your sleep.
1. A versatile choice: a classic-shaped pillow for sleeping in any position.
A rectangular, even pillow differs from the usual one only by the filler. This pillow is not designed for any particular sleeping position, it can be rotated and flipped to either side. It will be comfortable to lie on it in any position.
The filler is memory foam, a very soft and, at the same time, elastic material. It reacts to the pressure of the body, adjusting to its shape. Thus, the foam does not give back pressure on the body, which allows the muscles to completely relax.
- Temperature control technology (the cushion is cool in summer and warm in winter)
- Breathable bamboo case included
- Great support in any position
- 10-year warranty
- Users note the presence of a chemical smell from a new pillow at the beginning of use
- The softness level may not be suitable for all users
This pillow is perfect.
I love these pillows so much I recently bought two extra, honestly the best pillow I’ve ever tried.
The pillow arrived quickly and well packaged (no need to unroll or leave the pillow).
The case is exceptionally soft and keeps the pillow cool. I experimented with putting a standard pillow case on top, however the underneath of the panda pillow became very warm during the night (a pillow flippers worst nightmare). Once I took the pillow case off, the pillow cooled a little, but retain some heat underneath.
In terms of firmness, I would say this pillow is perfectly between firm and soft. You sink into the pillow, but there is always support. This pillow has also been designed to ensure it does not get lumpy (which leads to bad necks and headaches).
I attach pictures showing the pillows with a 2.5 kilo weight on them for 8 hours and then after I took the weight off. (The firm pillow is on the left, and the soft pillow is on the right).
All in all, this is an incredible pillow for such a low price (£34 at the time of writing). This pillow is up there with the £120 pillows.
Will definitely be looking to get some more panda gear soon.
2. Best for side and stomach sleepers: a pillow with a cutout for the shoulder.
This pillow is specially designed for sleeping on your side. In this position, it is difficult to get comfortable, because the head is high above the level of the bed. This pillow will allow you to comfortably arrange your shoulder in the recess, and so comfortably and correctly positioning your head.
- The double-sided design allows you to turn the pillow to the comfortable side, adjusting to your posture and needs.
- Also made of memory foam, it provides reliable support for the head and neck. Retains density with prolonged use.
- Removable cover that can be machine washed
- The presence of an odor (the manufacturer recommends airing the pillow outdoors for 5-7 days).
Helped my bad shoulder.
Took a little while to get comfy with this pillow, but once I did, I found it really good. I have been suffering with a bad shoulder and neck, but after using this pillow it appears to be much better. I did have to persevere with this initially, but please do try, as it appears to work.
3. Best for beauty: a pillow to sleep exclusively on your back will protect your skin from wrinkles.
This pillow will support you in the supine position and keep your head upright if you turn it around. Thus, you will avoid pressure on the skin of the face during sleep. It is also a good choice for beauty treatments. Two sizes are available to choose from for your convenience.
- Made from memory foam
- Fixation and support of the head
- Lack of skin-to-tissue contact
- It is uncomfortable to sleep in other positions if you are used to them
- There is a smell, the manufacturer recommends airing for 24 hours
Worth the purchase!!!
I hardly ever write reviews, but this product definitely deserves a positive one, since it exceeded my expectations and continues to live up to its promises.
I am in my early 40s and have always taken good care of my skin and diet. However, I recently began to notice fine lines/creases around my mouth and eyes when I wake up due to years of sleeping on my side. I didn’t want to resort to any sort of costly fillers, as I’m well aware the problems are due to my sleeping habits. Hence, I took my chances with “MyFacePillow”.
I purchased this in April and have used it every night since — it has retained its intended shape. I can say I’m delighted with the results, since my lines are minimized and my face appears to be a lot more smooth and less puffy in the mornings.
Another factor I love about the pillow is how it provides adequate support for my neck, which ensures I have a good night’s sleep. Even if I found myself sleeping on my side, the design of “MyFacePillow” is made to prevent me from squashing my cheek area.
An added bonus is that I received a free satin pillow case kindly sent by the CEO. The benefits of both combined resulted in smoother skin and hair!
4. Best for back and side sleepers: wave-shaped pillow with two bolsters of different heights for correct support.
This form is the most popular and well known. It supports the natural curves of the neck and relaxes the muscles, keeping the head in the correct position. The rollers vary in height, which will allow you to choose the height that is convenient for you. Suitable for side and back sleeping.
- Removable breathable cover that can be washed (it is enough to ventilate the insides)
- The material is memory foam
- The ability to change the height of the pillow depending on the weight of the head and position for your convenience
- The smell of foam is also noted, the pillow needs to be aired before use. The seller notes that the smell is not dangerous.
Great price (on sale), quality product. Fast delivery. A necessity.
Review October 2018:
Got this at a reduced price (about £20). Great quality memory foam with great quality cover. Very pleased, good support. Less hard than a more expensive one that I had, but actually prefer this. Think it gives all the support required without being too firm. Very good size. Received it in about 3 days.
Update October 2020:
2 years on and I can’t go anywhere without this trusty pillow! Have washed the cover a number of times, and it’s in great condition. Have just purchased 2 more as my boyfriend and sister are completely taken with it after trying it out (was difficult to get my hands back on my beloved pillow!) Would 100% recommend lying with your back to the bed with just this pillow, a candle and with an electric blanket on, you can feel your back loosening — spa level relaxation!
Do you remember what you dreamed about last night? Are you ready to share?
Bright Side is an Amazon Associate and gets commission for purchases made through links in this post.