17 Creative Brides That Don’t Need a Standard Wedding Dress to Look Gorgeous
Many brides would agree that saying “yes” to a wedding dress is almost as important as saying “yes” to the groom. It should not only turn the girl into a princess but also reflect her character and individuality. Sometimes, a simple white dress is not enough.
We at Bright Side think that a non-standard approach to choosing a wedding dress helped these women look amazing. And in the bonus section, you’ll see Bella Swan’s dress that someone recreated and posted online.
“My rainbow wedding gown! My local wedding dress maker brought my vision to life!”
- I’m not the kind of person who sees something wholesome and posts something super positive and supportive. But your dress is awesome and you’re awesome. © thccdd / Reddit
“I got married this weekend and made my own wedding dress. I’m still swooning over the extra-large bell sleeves!”
“My custom mustard yellow wedding dress is finally done!”
- I thought it was a tad boring until I saw the back! Now I love it. © Detroitaa / Reddit
“Just wanted to show off my wedding dress from yesterday, made my day and the husband loves it too.”
“My wedding sneaks have arrived!”
- I’m going to order some for every day!! These are so amazing and beautiful! © iiinfinitebliss / Reddit
This sunset dress is simply amazing.
“A wedding dress for my sister that I knitted last year”
- Simply amazing!! Disney princesses wish their fairy godmothers could keep up with this. © robyngrayson / Reddit
“Found the dress for our small backyard ceremony and it has pockets!”
- I NEED THIS DRESS. Seriously. This is my dream wedding dress. You look like an absolute goddess in it! © Engineeredgiraffe / Reddit
“Got my dream tennies for my sunrise Grand Canyon elopement in June 2022!”
“I’m so happy I went slightly non-traditional with my dress!”
- You look like a fairy princess!! I want something just like that for my wedding! © itsMickeyR2 / Reddit
“My mother-in-law made me this vintage-inspired wedding dress. We were married at a steel mill where both of our grandfathers worked as teenagers during World War II.”
The bride is a Pokémon fan and the long belt on the dress reflects the color locations in the game.
“My husband didn’t understand the reference and thought it was something traditional.”
“I’m a seamstress and made a comfy little dress.”
“I just wanted to say yes when I put this dress on!”
- Well, it makes me want to get married again, so it’s doing its job. © kfuzzled892 / Reddit
“Custom-made dress to capture the coming together of 2 cultures.”
A girl asked to decorate her wedding shoes to honor her brother.
“If you’re thinking about wearing an untraditional dress, this is your sign to do it.”
“It was such a last-minute decision, but I’m so glad I did it.”
Bonus: “I’m recreating Bella Swan’s wedding dress from Breaking Dawn, and this is the bodice mock-up.”
- That back is perfect! Great job. © EvergreenSee / Reddit
Do you think that a wedding dress has to be classically white and long, or can it be a little different?
Subscribe to our podcast on Spotify or Apple podcasts to enjoy our best stories and give a real treat to your ears.