8 Ways to Banish a Puffy Face
If you wake up every morning and see that your face is swollen, it’s a signal that you need to take better care of your body. There are an array of measures to take into account, not just for your appearance, but you should also take control over your inner organs to stop this problem.
We at Bright Side rounded up some expert tips that can help you to minimize swelling, and we want to share them with you.
1. Perform a 3-minute lymphatic massage.
To make your face less puffy, you need better blood circulation. Use a special massage to manipulate your blood flow. You can try this technique:
- Cross your arms, like it’s shown in the picture. Put 2 fingers on both sides of the beginning of the neck.
- Start massaging downward by swiping your fingers down your neck. Apply a bit of pressure. Repeat 10 times.
- Now move your fingers to the middle of your neck. Start swiping downward again. Repeat 10 times.
- Put 2 fingers from both hands to the middle of your chest. Start swiping your fingers sideways across your chest. Repeat 10 times.
2. Use vitamin K cream.
3. Consume both potassium and sodium.
Our kidneys maintain a proper balance between sodium, potassium, and water in the body. When we take in too much sodium, the body tries to balance it by retaining water, and we start to look bloated.
Eat food high in potassium whenever you eat salty food to keep a good balance.
4. Don’t wash your face in the shower.
Experts recommend washing your face with cool water at your bathroom sink to reduce swelling. Avoid washing your face with the rest of your body in the shower.
5. Make your shower less hot.
A hot shower may increase fluid and blood supply to the face. That makes your skin look hot and puffy. If you still need high temperatures, just finish by splashing cold water on your face.
6. Modulate estrogen.
There are some signs of an estrogen imbalance in your body. They include some visual symptoms:
- Hyperpigmentation of the skin
- A puffy face
- Purple stretch marks
Please check your hormone levels to avoid serious health problems.
7. Control your protein intake.
One of the reasons why your face looks swollen is a low-protein diet. When your body has a lack of protein, the fluid inside your blood vessels can leak out into your cells, so keep your diet balanced as well.
8. Control your thyroid condition.
A swollen face can be caused by low thyroid function. Other symptoms of this condition are tiredness, weight gain, and constipation.
Consult with your doctor if you experience any of these conditions.
How do you manage puffy eyes? What remedies do you have for a swollen face?