18 Designers Whose Creations Seem to Come From a Parallel Universe
Some people complain about having a humdrum life, while others find inspiration everywhere. It’s all a matter of perspective, and designers are experts at taking the opportunities presented to them to transform the most basic objects into designs that can hardly go unnoticed. With creativity and imagination, they create everything from curious furniture to interesting sports accessories, always with their unique touch.
1. “This wet floor sign at the Toronto aquarium.”
2. “The jacket I just got has tiny skulls as the zipper.”
3. “This bike rack shaped like a bike.”
4. “Finally, I got something worthy of showing to you guys how this paper bag whale fits with the handles.”
5. “I seriously hope the light never goes away, as it would be a real nightmare to find the room number without it.”
6. “A curved escalator in Japan.”
7. “This pickle jar came with a scoop to pull them above the juice.”
8. “The way this portable cutlery fits together.”
9. This barcode is in the shape of a chocolate bar.
10. When you enter Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge at Walt Disney World, you really feel like you’re in the movie.
Even things as simple as refreshments have their own unique touch.
11. “My local sushi place delivers the soy sauce with sushi in these tiny fish-shaped bottles.”
12. “Fair exposition of Yoga pants at local Nike store”
13. “Someone crocheted a tire cover.”
14. “This toilet sign I found in a shopping arcade. It was really pleasing to the eye.”
15. “This donut shop looks like a donut box.”
16. “My vacuum cleaner filter displays taps when it’s wet after cleaning, so you know when it’s fully dry.”
17. These campaign mini-tents give an idea of what they look like in real size.
18. “The ceiling lights in this medical test lab are in the form of Electrocardiogram (ECG).”
What unconventional design idea has caught your attention? What object would you invent to make your life easier?