How to Answer Uncomfortable Questions So That People Don’t Ask Them Again
We’ve all been asked really tactless and even rude questions sometimes. What do these people want? Do they want to assert themselves so that they feel better at your expense? Is it their envy or bad manners that makes them ask these questions in the first place? It’s even worse when they’re are asked by close friends and relatives. And it’s totally unclear how you should react: you don’t want to be rude to them but you also can’t forget about your own feelings and dignity.
Bright Side thinks that everything should be treated with irony, so don’t go crazy and start a fight. If someone breaks your personal boundaries, just be ready to flippantly answer back. We hope our tips will help you.
10. They’re always ready to give their expert opinion regarding your clothes, hairstyle, and makeup.
9. Unfortunately, some relatives ask too many tactless questions.
8. Sometimes it’s better joke around instead of hurting someone’s feelings.
7. If someone tries to tell you what to do, add some irony to your answers.
6. If someone breaks your personal boundaries, switch to “silly girl” mode.
5. This method really works.
4. There are people who don’t understand “no.”
3. But they also love tactless questions.
2. Sometimes an honest answer is the wittiest.
1. Here’s the universal answer: Don’t do things you don’t want to do.
How do you usually answer uncomfortable questions? Do you have your own recipe against tactlessness?