15 People Who Teach Us “It’s Okay to Be Different”
To be unique is to be yourself, like no other. It mostly comes from within, but some people shine through their physical appearances as well. However, if you think that uniqueness only comes from wearing stylish outfits or cool accessories, then you are in for a surprise. Most people are born with their special characteristics that no clothes or money can buy.
Bright Side offers a list of people in this world who possess extraordinary and uncommon traits that we can’t help but admire about them.
1. “My albinism is a part of me—and it’s beautiful.”
2. This baby shows that being different is something to be proud of. Her two uniquely different coloured eyes reveal a special strength.
3. “Believe in yourself, remember that you’re unique and that a no doesn’t mean that you’re not beautiful, they’re just not ready for you yet.”
4. “You’ve got to work on loving yourself and not letting words affect you.”
5. “I believe that it’s important to express many different forms of you.”
6. A man born with 2 different coloured eyebrows and eyelashes shows us anything can be possible.
7. “The dark beginning is what lifts people up and inspires people. Me being who I am today, I am strong the way I am, move like a boss.”
8. “My lip scar is not a surgically fixed cleft, but a nonsurgical scar I was born with.”
9. “We must be optimistic because there are extraordinary people out there.”
10. This woman born with 4 toes on one foot rocks it so naturally it makes the rest of us feel different for having 5 toes.
11. A boy born with a black spot of hair in his blonde hair makes him look like he is hiding all his secrets in one speckle.
12. Small thumbs don’t make her less beautiful.
13. “I believe that in all forms of art there has to have been some initial adversity: that is what makes art.”
- Seal has a skin condition called discoid lupus erythematosus, and it affects his skin and leaves large scars — he really was born with artistic and eloquent features.
14. “My dad and a second cousin each have one extra line on an index finger. But I’m the only one who has 9 extra lines.”
15. “I broke this middle toe in middle school so I just had to let it heal how it wanted to heal, this little guy is just out of place.”
Which person looks the most unique to you? Can you relate to any of them?