15 Photos That Let People Take a Trip Back to the Past
People often turn to family photo albums to reminisce. But some folks turn that experience up a notch by actually reliving at least one of those merry moments. Whether it’s a childhood pic or a photo from a close relative, Internet users are keen on recreating them as faithfully as possible. Besides having a good time doing so, they get a brand new memory out of it, which they sure are proud to share with the world.
Bright Side rounded up a few photo recreations that could warm hearts during the coldest seasons.
1. “My dog turned 16 today.”
2. “We had to put my 16-year-old dog down yesterday, but before that, we recreated our favorite photo with him.”
3. “22 years later”
4. “Me as a baby wearing a ridiculous wig vs me at 21 with the hair I ended up growing”
5. “22 years difference — we were visiting our old hometown and noticed that these poles were still in front of our childhood home. The tree has also grown up very well!”
6. “Pictures of my grandfather and me, 40 years apart at the Great Wall of China”
7. “I saw some childhood friends of mine at a New Year’s party. We all look different now, but we really haven’t changed much.”
8. “My cousin offered me a memory for Christmas.”
9. “My Mother’s Day photo recreation — my daughter is 15 years old.”
10. “I forced my family to participate in some photo recreations from my childhood.”
11. “My grandma and my dad, 1966 and 2020”
12. “Brother and sister, then and now”
13. “My dad (around 1985) and me (2017)”
14. “My husband in the early ’90s vs now”
15. “Jean jackets in 1993 were a strong look. The second photo was taken circa 2013 at Tent Rock.”
What’s changed the most about you over the years? Have you tried recreating an old family picture? Would you like to share the results with us?