15 People Share Their Broad Daylight Creepy Experiences That Will Give You Chills
Most of us will admit that we’ve experienced something unusual throughout our lives that we can’t point our fingers at. These events are unexplainable and when they happen, they’re all we can think about all day and night. If you’ve been through something like this, you know that it will stay in the back of your mind, keeping you wondering about how it happened in the first place.
We at Bright Side compiled stories from people who witnessed something eerie that will give you goosebumps.
- I didn’t see it, but I heard it. My friend and I walked around our old school’s property, eating snacks. Out of nowhere, we hear a deep, scratchy voice from behind us, trying to get our attention. We looked back in a panic, and we saw no one. We then ran off the property. A few minutes passed, and we went back to get my friend’s snacks and investigate. There was no trace of him left. © SmolCreator / Reddit
- Not me, but my dad. He was outside at the far end of the yard and saw me standing on the stairs, whistling for him to come back to the house. When he got back inside, he asked what was up and why I changed my shirt. I hadn’t been outside, didn’t hear any whistling, and was wearing the same black shirt I’d been wearing all day, not the white shirt he saw “me” wearing when he saw me outside a few minutes earlier. © Go_Ask_Alyss / Reddit
- We used to own a house a few hours away from where we live currently, and my mom stayed there for a few days for work. One day, when she got home from work, she saw my grandpa (her dad) working on the roof and went to the store to buy some food and snacks for both of them. When she got back from the store, no one was there. She called him and asked where he was, and he said he was at home and that he hadn’t been at the house that day. © Snoo97908 / Reddit
- So, last month, my family and I were on a road trip. We were almost lost, but my service was barely holding up, so we knew where we were going. Then I look out the window and I see something, and immediately, my body just froze. What I saw was something out of a movie. It was a huge ship, just the mother ship. I saw it and then it was gone. Just like that and still, to this day, nobody believes me. © Your_cars_warranty12 / Reddit
- A couple of years back, I went on a trip with my grandparents to Yellowstone. When we were driving through the Idaho desert, I pointed out something in the sky. At first, I thought it was a plane, but as we were driving, I realized that it was just hovering in the sky. About 5 minutes later, I saw it vanish out of thin air. © Tnzre_zna / Reddit
- When I was a kid, I was playing outside when my great-uncle came to my house to give something to my mom. When he pulled into the driveway I noticed there was a boot, like, a shoe sticking out from under his truck, barely above the ground. It was so weird, and it freaked me out as a kid because I didn’t understand what it was. Never asked him about it and never saw it again. © poopdoot / Reddit
- When I was 7 or 8 I saw my friend from across the street wave at me and gesture for me to come over to his place to play. I asked my mom to let me go, she seemed confused and a bit shook. She told me he wasn’t home, but I insisted and pointed at him, saying, “No, he’s right there waving at me.” She didn’t let me go out that day. © bel_ray / Reddit
- I was in my horse’s field a couple of years ago and heard a woman shouting frantically for help. I ran toward the sound, near the road, searched the road, and even went to the farm there and looked around. No sign of anybody, and nobody else around heard it. All I can think of was that it was somebody in a car, but still surprising that nobody else heard it. © Upferret / Reddit
- When I was 5 my family moved to an older cheaper house that was bigger than the one we lived in, but we had a lot of work to get it back into living condition. It was an old apartment with the entrance being in a room right beside a long corridor that leads to the living room where we would spend most of our time. Every single one of us would see shadows moving at the end of the hallway, close to the door, and we always saw the same peeking shadows, but when we looked straight we wouldn’t see it. © M4wR0 / Reddit
- One time, while I was walking outside, it began to rain pretty heavily pretty quickly. This is normal for where I live, but for some reason, not a single raindrop hit me. I stood there for 10 or so minutes with nothing above me. I even sprinted down the street when I became so confused. Nothing at all! I walked home completely dry and even checked my jacket to confirm it. Never gonna forget that. © moon_spoon_gaming / Reddit
Which of these stories is a mystery to you? Do you have any similar encounters like these? Tell us in the comments.