7 Smart Ways to Make Your House Look More Expensive on a Budget
While home improvement may sound time-consuming, expensive, and all in all overwhelming, there are a number of ways to upscale your interior quickly and on a budget. If you choose the right accessories, you can make your home look way more classy and luxurious without spending a fortune.
We at Bright Side made a selection of easy and low-budget ways to upscale your house interior, and we’ll also recommend some particular items you can use to make your home look more expensive right away.
1. Declutter your space and organize things to make your house look more stylish and high-end. A hanging storage organizer that you can place on your door can help keep the things in place and within easy reach, and it won’t cost much.
Four large pockets of the hanging organizer will provide enough space to store your items, while its minimalistic design will make it fit any room, be it your bedroom, living room, or bathroom. The hangs are flat enough to close the door.
Promising review: Brilliant product. Bought for over the wardrobe door for hair dryer, straighteners, and hair products, instead of trying to fit them into drawers. Pockets are a little close together, but just put bigger items like a hairdryer in the top, and smaller/slimmer items in the others. Very convenient to just quickly put everything back in once used, making my morning routine quicker than it was. Easy to put together. Got no issues. Very happy. @Ross B.
Buy the hanging storage organizer HERE
Experts recommend: Decluttering your home may seem to be incredibly overwhelming, but if you do it bit by bit, you will turn it into a manageable task. Allocate some decluttering time within your daily schedule. For example, it can be 5, 10, or 20 minutes every day. Making lists of the things to do and taking before and after photos may also be helpful and inspiring on your way to a cleaner home.
2. Pay attention to hardware. Stylish door knobs and door handles can transform plain and boring pieces of furniture and make your house look classy. Just take a look at how these colorful drawer knobs with unusual patterns have changed the looks of the drawer.
Made from high-quality ceramic, these colorful door/drawer knobs come in a variety of patterns that you can combine in any way you want. Within minutes, you can transform old or boring furniture and make it look unique and elegant. Everyone can become a designer while playfully matching and mixing these charming knobs.
Promising review: I needed some new door knobs to liven up some old pine drawers in my bedroom. My wife spotted these during a search and came up trumps. The random colors really have given a tired chest of drawers and two bedside cabinets a new lease of life. The knobs themselves are really good value for money and look great. Would certainly recommend them. @Uncle Fester
Buy the drawer knobs HERE
3. Be consistent with your wall art. A mix of photos and paintings of different colors and sizes and in different frames may look somewhat quirky and eclectic. A designer set of wall decor may come to the rescue if you want to streamline your gallery wall.
These ready-to-go designer sets will help you brighten up your walls easily and without stress. You can choose from a variety of colors and patterns that include green leaves, yellow flowers, lemons, and other designs.
Promising review: The canvases arrived quickly and were well-packed to prevent damage in transit. The quality is excellent, and their low profile ensures a flush fit to the wall. Love the way that they compliment our newly decorated living room. Well worth what we paid for them. @Amazon Customer
Buy the set of wall decor HERE
Experts recommend: Before choosing wall art, decide where you want to place it. If you want your doorway to look more dramatic, try placing large pieces of wall decor facing the entrance. The bedroom is a place where you can unleash all your creativity and put something bright and colorful to reveal your personality. The dining room is a place where classic pieces of art would look great.
4. Use decorative items with simple designs and preferably made of natural materials. This wooden ladder shelf can look nice in almost any interior while helping you organize your things in a neat and elegant way.
This versatile ladder shelf can be used as a plant stand, bookcase, bathroom storage, and in any other way you can think of. The metal frame makes it sturdy and durable. The ladder shelf has enough surface, so it can be used to display your collections.
Promising review: Easy to assemble, good directions given in manual. Extra nuts and bolts, which came as a surprise. Great piece of furniture. Looks great. Well worth the money. Especially if you are in accommodation that you don’t want to drill in the walls. Brilliant, job done! @Guy
Buy the wooden ladder shelf HERE
5. Use tile backsplash in your kitchen to make it look more expensive. If you don’t want to spend much time and money to improve the kitchen, add a self-adhesive tile backsplash to the wall under your kitchen cabinets. It’s low-cost, fast, easy, and fun!
You can use these self-adhesive tiles on your kitchen walls or in the bathroom. They can be cut with scissors, so you can easily use them around sockets and switches. They are strong and water-resistant, which makes them a perfect choice for your kitchen.
Promising review: These are great for a kitchen makeover without a big expense and mess. We didn’t find them easy to put up as we have a number of sockets to work around, but the adhesion is good, and the joints really don’t show. I would definitely recommend this product. @Prime shopper
Buy the self-adhesive backsplash HERE
6. Use white bed linen to create the impression of a luxurious place. If you think of expensive high-end hotels, fresh and crispy white bedsheets, duvet covers, and pillowcases will probably come into your mind in the first place. Why not use the same trick in your house too?
This stylish set with pinch pleat design will add style and nobleness to your bedroom in mere seconds. The zipper closure design will make the linen change easier and save you time.
Promising review: My wife and I were forever arguing over how much duvet cover we had. The truth was neither of us did! So we decided to upgrade to a super king quilt. I picked this one because of the texture of the pleats. We normally wash covers before we use them, but it was chilly, and we decided to put it on our new quilt straight away. The moment I pulled it over me, I’ve never felt so comfortable. I’m usually up 3 or 4 times in the night, but this is the first time I’ve slept right through for years. And because of the extra size, no more fighting over a small corner. @Amazon Customer
Buy the set of white bed linen HERE
Experts recommend: To keep your bed linen white and fresh for longer, make sure you:
- Remove all makeup before going to bed (makeup products can stick to your white bed linen and make it look yellowish)
- Treat any appearing stains right away
- Separate your white bedding from the items of other colors when doing laundry
7. Don’t forget about pleasant smells. With the help of aroma diffusers, you can alter the way your house smells depending on your mood. Some diffusers look so stylish that they can also serve as interior decor and can even glow at night, like the one below.
This diffuser comes together with a nice selection of essential oils, including lavender, lemon mint, and tea tree. While occupying little space, this device combines the functions of an essential oil diffuser, air purifier, humidifier, and a night light.
Promising review: I’ve been wanting to get this diffuser for some time, then when my friend bought me oils for Christmas, I decided to get it. I absolutely love it! You can set timers, and have it on constantly or intermittently. Once it has run out of water, it just turns itself off, so you don’t have to worry about it. We have it in our bedroom, and it makes the whole of upstairs smell of whichever oil we put in. Definitely recommend it if someone is looking for a diffuser. @Helen Quinn
Buy the essential oil diffuser HERE
Experts recommend: When choosing a fragrance for your home, think about the mood and atmosphere you want to create because smells can work differently. The smell of lavender, for example, can create a calm and relaxing atmosphere, while citrus smells can be energizing.
Which things in your home would you like to improve and why? Do you have any tips on how to make one’s house look more expensive and stylish?
Bright Side gets commissions for purchases made through the links in this post.