10 of the Best Moisturizing Face Creams for Men 2022 | Rating of the Best Men’s Face Lotions
Men’s facial skin requires special care. Especially the skin area where the beard grows. This is because shaving can leave the skin prone to irritation and ingrown hairs. So, men’s skincare products are designed to combat these issues.
However, they also have different types of skin, and it’s essential to know what works for each individual. That’s why we decided to follow people’s experiences and reviews and share with you the best creams, eye roll-ons, lotions, and more that we could find for men on Amazon.
Choosing the right products for men’s skincare.
According to experts, male skin is 25% thicker, which is great for staying moisturized during the adult years. Also, the aging process starts to happen gradually at a young age. And what this means for skin care products is that it’s recommended for men to use products with retinol, mostly because collagen levels start to decline at a young age.
The facial area where the beard grows is also important when thinking about getting skincare products. Another expert suggests that this area should be taken care of the most, since it’s exposed to irritation from regular shaving. The right care will help the skin avoid ingrown hairs and irritation. This means treatments for pre- and also post-shave skin.
However, there is one thing to remember when choosing the right facial care products for men — the price. The more expensive one is not always the best choice. However, the companies that produce more expensive products for skincare invest a lot more into development and research, and they apply science to their products, like for example, products that are meant to fight free radicals.
Overall, the main products that men should consider using for their face include the following:
- Face moisturizer with retinol (for nighttime)
- Face moisturizer with SPF (for daytime)
- Shaving cream instead of gel products
- Lip balm
- Eye cream
- Blemish gel
1. This face cream for men is great for decreasing many different signs of aging, including crow’s feet, lines, and wrinkles. It’s easy to use so you can start using it daily without excuses.
This product is made of high-quality, organic, and natural ingredients that can provide every man with effective skin care. With these powerful elements, the anti-aging cream tightens the skin and makes it firm and smooth, which prevents signs of aging. The best part about the cream is that you’ll be able to see improvement within days, and you’ll see the best results after 2 weeks of regular use.
- For all skin types
- Natural and organic
- Night cream
- 2 products available: unscented and scented
- Use it before going to bed
- Like the fountain of youth — Ok, so maybe not quite the fountain of youth, after all, nothing can turn back the clock. However, this anti-aging skin cream from Brickell does the next best thing. I’ve been applying it each night before I go to bed for the last week or so, and already I’ve noticed that fine lines are less noticeable.
Work colleagues have even commented on how “refreshed” I look, asking if I’ve been going to bed earlier! The product itself has a really nice consistency which makes it easy to apply, and you really don’t need much, so the jar should last several months. Really pleased with my purchase and would recommend it to anyone who wishes to look as though they’ve had a good night’s rest (even if they haven’t). — Lee Harrison
- Great moisturizing cream for your skin — I have been using the product for 5 days. In that short space of time, I have definitely noticed a positive effect on my skin. I’m 45, sometimes I have oily skin, and, in this recent weather, redness. This night moisturizer by Brickell has done a lot to alleviate that.
It’s easy to apply, and you don’t need to use a lot of it for good coverage. My skin is clearer and firmer, and some of my fine lines have already started to disappear. It’s also gentler than cheaper and more popular creams. A small pot, but only a little, is needed for your skin, so it will last. In this instance, you get what you pay for. — jason burrow
But it on Amazon HERE
2. With the help of the pro-retinol ingredient, this anti-aging moisturizer will fight the signs of aging and will also protect your skin against daily environmental effects.
Thanks to expert research, L’Oréal has found an active and also powerful ingredient in the French vineyards. They discovered that it has high antioxidant properties, which is the key to fighting the signs of aging. This product will help you by moisturizing the skin, which will enhance the skin’s radiance and lower the chance of getting wrinkles.
- For dry skin
- For everyday use
- Made from French vine extract
- Made just for men
- Can also be used after shaving
- A heavy cream moisturizer but full of good stuff for more mature (men’s) skin — First of all, this is a pretty heavy cream — it has a thick, sticky consistency, so if you like a light men’s product, this probably isn’t for you, and you’d probably be better off with another one that is light and does the job.
I’m in my early 40s — probably the target age for this product — and I find it does have a subtle instant effect (due to the tightening effect of the cream), and of course, it’s for the individual to say whether there’s a big improvement over time. All in all, though, if you don’t mind a very thick, heavy cream, this is a great one to go for.
I’ve recently been trying the eye cream in the same range (pictured), and I’m *very* impressed. Not as heavy as the cream and much lighter for the under-eye region. Again, there’s that nice tightening effect as soon as you apply it, so I do think it makes a difference if you apply it before you go out. It has a nice applicator too, which dispenses just enough to rub in, and no more. Great for making the small tube last a long time. — R. WEST-SOLEY
- Knocks years off him — Brought this for my husband as a joke, but it backfired as he looks 20 years younger, so it definitely works. I would give it 10 out of 10. — Mrs S. Plamer
3. Made from natural ingredients, this moisturizer will protect your skin from the sun, as well as hydrate it. It will also counteract premature signs of aging.
Because this product has a high level of SPF and can protect your face from the sun’s rays, it’s great to apply whenever you are planning to go out. In fact, the product is so well-made that all the different natural ingredients combined together will provide the protection your face needs.
- For all types of skin
- 20 SPF
- Made from shea butter, white tea, jojoba, and rosehip oil
- Packaging made from completely recyclable material
- Can also be used for the whole body
- This moisturizer provides great protection whilst keeping my skin hydrated through the elements — Taking this skiing next year! — I haven’t used an SPF product of ManCave’s before this, however, I was happy to give it a try after reading some good product reviews online. The moisturizer actually has a slightly thicker feel than my daily moisturizer, however, I would personally expect and prefer that from a product that is offering SPF protection with completely natural ingredients. It absorbs into my skin effortlessly and makes it feel soft but firm. I probably massage it into my skin more than other moisturizers, but I have no issues with that, as I feel great after. I’ll be taking this skiing with me next year which will be sure to put it to the test... no doubt it will work wonders, as it has done already. — Nick Green
- Can’t recommend this moisturizer for your skin enough! — Great product — I started using it because I work outside all day, so really wanted to be protected from UV rays. Smells amazing and leaves my skin hydrated all day. I usually put it on in the morning after using a face scrub. — JSayers
4. This face wash will help your skin get a good deep clean and leave your skin renewed and fresh.
Thanks to the main active ingredient, English oak bark, this cleanser will help you purify your skin and balance it. This face cleanser is made using great new technology, and it’s formulated so that you can see and also feel the results after using it.
- For dry and combination skin
- Made from English oak bark, spearmint, and milk protein
- Get the best results by using it before shaving
- Use 2 times a day (morning and evening)
- Value for the money — Although relatively expensive for a face wash — I see this as very good value for money! Expensive, it may be, but it is good too, I suppose you get what you pay for.
You really only need a small amount of this (don’t listen to the product usage tips on the back — it says to “pour” it into your hands), you only need roughly a pea-sized drop which will foam into a decent lather, which will extend the life of this product — potentially for months — although I have a subscribe and save for every 3 months which means I don’t have to worry about running out, and I get it a bit cheaper.
I’m new to using this type of high-quality product, but it definitely works and leaves my face feeling incredibly clean — paired with an Elemis pro collagen face cream, my skin has never felt or looked as good as it does now — I’ll never go back to other brands!
My wife is a little disappointed in these products as my skin is looking so healthy I’m starting to look younger than she is — I think she’s a bit jealous!
I’d definitely recommend this to anyone and everyone, it cleans well, leaves my face feeling and looking fresh, and is only slightly perfumed (probably from the natural ingredients) with a really lovely fragrance. — Johnny C
5. One of the best creams for blemishes out there. The cream is fast absorbing, and made from a strong formula and a high-quality plant extract that will clean blemishes effectively.
This fast-acting blemish cream is suitable for all ages, for both men and women. With the power of witch hazel, it will quickly calm redness and breakouts. This is because it exfoliates dead skin cells and protects and brightens the skin. In fact, some customers have seen a noticeable improvement in acne scars after 2 weeks of use.
- For combination, dry, normal, sensitive, and oily skin
- Great for scar treatments too
- Use twice a day (morning and evening)
- My teenagers are finally happy with their skin — I purchased the ‘Bizka’ rescue acne cream from Amazon. It arrived in lovely packaging and the delivery was speedy. I have 2 teenagers in my house who are suffering from acne. They applied this 2 times a day, in the morning and night, before going to bed. After one day of using the cream, they both noticed a difference! The spots on the skin weren’t as angry looking!
The texture of the cream and the smell were perfect, and only a small amount was needed, my daughter has sensitive skin and this product did not cause any irritation. We would recommend this product! — Lady Victoria
- Totally worth it — This face skin cream is magic, my wife has been using her friend’s one until now. I decided to buy it for her — her very own one. My wife absolutely loves it. Totally recommend it. — Ande/Ash
6. If you are struggling with dry lips, and you haven’t been able to find the right solution, it’s time to try this lip balm. Since it’s an all-day moisturizer, it will not only keep your lips protected, but will provide instant relief when applied.
This lip balm will protect your lips for 24 hours after application. In fact, it’s clinically proven to work when you apply it just once a day. This is because it creates a protective barrier that will stay on even after you drink and eat. In addition to these benefits, it will also protect your lips from the sun.
- For dry skin
- SPF 15
- Keeps the lips moisturized for 8 hours
- Never buying Vaseline again! — I’ve been using Vaseline since I was a child, but regularly found it just eventually flaked off and my lips got drier throughout the day even with repeated applications. This is a miracle lip balm!!! I only need to apply it a couple of times a day. With a thick layer on clean, dry lips, they stay amazingly matte yet moisturized for hours. Never buying anything else again. 100% worth a try. — MysteryG
- Attention users! — I struggled to find a good lip balm. I suffered immensely with my lips. They were torn and painful. This lip balm, along with Blistex medical lip balm, was one of the only ones that gave me results. I wish anyone who’s using it right now luck. The outcome is worth it. You’ll get through this. With the help of this lip balm. Peace. — Drummy
7. This is a great cream for sensitive skin. Nivea has a really good quality line for men’s skincare, and this product will prove it.
We really like this moisturizer, as it’s alcohol-free and made out of vitamin E and chamomile. It will protect your face all day long against skin irritation, dryness, redness, a burning sensation, itchiness, and tightness. Plus, after applying it, it won’t leave any residue behind.
- For sensitive skin
- Apply on clean skin
- Moisturizer without fragrance
- Doesn’t contain SPF
- Perfect moisturizer for sensitive skin — One of the best ones I’ve ever found. The relief is almost instantaneous, perfect if your skin is dry and there is redness. This product is really worth it. — Christian
- Brilliant moisturizer if you have dry, itchy skin — Really works if, like me, you have a dry, flaky patch that comes and goes, especially after showering, which does dry all the natural oils from your skin. Good price too, I’ll be using it a lot from now on. — Scottie waddy
8. This lotion will give you a fresh kick after shaving. It’s ultra-light but still refreshing and moisturizing. Plus, it soothes the irritation caused by razors.
If your skin is super sensitive after shaving, and easily irritated, this lotion will help your skin recover. Thanks to the mint and cactus, your face will feel fresh after applying. And since it’s fast-absorbing and not sticky, it can also be used as a moisturizer.
- For all skin types
- Lotion and balm
- Mint scent
- It contains alcohol
- 24-hour hydration
- Best if used after shaving
- Great lotion — I used the lotion on my shaved head. I was surprised when I saw that it prevented 80% of the spots and sores. — Amazon Customer
- Nice balm — First time purchasing, but won’t be my last, nice smell got a nippy aftershave kick on the skin which I like, and it helps close the pores. — Keith’s
9. If you are battling oily skin that also causes spots on your face, then this moisturizer is the one you should go for. Also, it won’t leave a tight feeling after applying, in fact, it’ll feel comfortable.
This moisturizer for dry skin for men is 100% made for men. It targets blackheads and spots and reduces excess oil on the face. The skin will feel and look healthier after you use it. Plus, it has a matte finish while also keeping the skin soft.
- For oily skin
- For daily use
- 24-hour protection
- Use after cleansing your face
- Best moisturizer for spots on the market — I have used this as the final step to my 3-step face cleaning ritual for years. They have stopped stocking it at all the local stores, so finding it here was a godsend. — John-jo Mcneill
- Amazing moisturizer — I have been using this for over a month now and cannot recommend it enough, best to put it on a few minutes after a shower. It stops any oily build-up on your face that’s may cause spots... put this on, subscribe, and save, as it’s my new daily moisturizer. — Josh
10. This is the perfect skincare gift set for men as it contains a moisturizer, an anti-fatigue eye roll-on, and 2 mask sheets. All these are great for a daily skincare routine.
The moisturizer in this set is anti-fatigue and will treat the skin by hydrating it, even for up to 24 hours. On top of that, the roll-on will help revive your tired eyes and, after applying, the skin around the eyes will feel fresh and awake. As for the sheet masks, they will give you additional benefits because they will not only hydrate your skin but recharge it as well.
- For all skin types
- Moisturizer enhanced with guarana and vitamin C
- For daily use
- XL sheet masks
- Great gift idea — Moisturizer within the set works great and doesn’t irritate the skin.
In fact, the skin feels nice and moisturized throughout the day and, after applying, your skin will feel awake.
The eye roll-on is great for tired eyes, while the tissue masks are refreshing and hydrating, which leaves you feeling fresher within your facial area. Nice Christmas set. — The Honest Reviewer
- Such a great gift set! Absolute bargain! — I absolutely love this gift set. My dad is a huge fan of L’Oréal skincare, and this gift set is brilliant, including the moisturizer, eye cream, and 2 men’s face masks — All being full-sized products!
The packaging was simple, but really on-brand for the L’Oréal Men’s range. Everything arrived perfectly packaged, with no damage to the products, so you don’t have to worry about this getting knocked about when gifting it to a loved one! This gift set would be perfect for Christmas/birthdays/other events. I highly recommend this product! — @heyhopebarker
What type of skin do you have, and how do you take care of it? How long did it take you to find the right product for your face?
Bright Side gets commissions for purchases made through the links in this post.