15-Minute Workout for Those Who Are Too Busy to Go to the Gym
More and more often, it feels like we have less and less time to devote to working out and exercising. When you spend the rest of your free time on transportation, friends, and family, it seems like the gym is an object of your dreams. But actually, you only need to spend 15 minutes at home consistently to get amazing results.
1. Start doing cardio by using the stairs.
If you live in a high-rise building, just start climbing the stairs there. At first, it could be for just 15 minutes, but then you can slowly increase your limits.
2. Use a chair to do crunches.
This is an exercise you can even do in the office. Take a 15-minute break and do a workout.
- While sitting, lift your legs off the floor so that they are straight out in front of you. Then pull your knees toward your chest, and then straighten out your legs again.
- Do 3 sets of 20 reps.
3. Do side crunches on a chair.
Do crunches laying on your hip, pulling your legs up and down.
- First, do the exercise on your right side.
- Then turn and do it on your left.
Now you’re training your lateral abdominal muscles.
4. Do reverse crunches.
This exercise is very effective. When you are home, you can even do it while watching TV.
- Lay down.
- Place your legs flat on the floor.
- Lift your legs with your abs until they are over your head or further, if possible. Don’t go too fast.
- Slowly lower them back down.
- Do 3 sets of 20 reps.
5. Do V-ups to develop your abdominal muscles.
This exercise may be difficult for you. But it’s super effective and you don’t need a gym to accomplish it.
You just need to lift your body up and balance your legs and arms in the air at the same time.
- Lay down, extend your arms above your head, away from your legs. Palms should face down. Legs should be straight.
- Now, slowly start lifting all of your limbs together in a V shape.
- Try to touch your toes with your fingers.
- Then slowly start returning the body back to the starting position.
- Do 3 sets of 10-15 reps.
6. Do twists with your legs raised.
This exercise will help to improve your upper torso.
- Sit on the floor with your legs raised. The feet should be kept together. The torso should be kept straight with the back kept off the ground at a 45-degree angle.
- Start swinging your arms from one side to another in a twisting motion. Do it slowly.
- Do not stop between repetitions because the effect of working the abdomen will be lost.