Trainers Explain 7 Exercises That Can Help to Burn Your Inner Thigh Fat
On our journey to getting fit, muscular legs, we may do some exercises that make the thighs get even more volume than they already have. To avoid this, there’s a special routine that helps slim and tone the legs without adding any bulk. And the best part? You can do these moves right at home, and you don’t need any equipment except for a pillow.
At Bright Side, we’re all for working to get a healthy and beautiful body and would love to show you 7 exercises that can help you to burn stubborn fat on your thighs. There are also some tips at the end of the article to speed up the process.
1. Triangle leg lift
- Lie on the floor on your right side.
- The right hand should be bent at your elbow, supporting your body. Grab your left leg with your left hand. The right leg should be straight.
- If you can’t straighten your left knee, that’s okay. It can be slightly bent.
- Start lifting your right leg as it’s shown in the picture.
- Do 3 sets of 15 reps and change sides.
2. Side plank abduction
- Get into a side plank position on the left side.
- Put your right hand on your thigh. The left arm is extended and pushes to the floor. Don’t bend it at your elbow as you did in the previous exercise.
- Bend your legs so that your feet are behind your hips.
- Push out and straighten your right leg. Feel the tension in your thighs. Then return the leg back to its starting position.
- Repeat 3 sets of 15 reps, then change sides.
3. Diamond kicks
- Lie on your back. Your arms should be by your sides.
- Now raise the legs toward the ceiling and bend the knees. This is the starting position.
- Put the soles of your feet together so the position reminds you of a frog.
- Extend the legs out to the sides as far as possible. Start squeezing the inner thighs to bring them together.
- Return to the starting position and repeat until the set is complete.
- Do 3 sets of 15 reps.
4. Squeeze and squat
- Stand with your toes facing forward. Place a pillow between your knees and squeeze the thigh muscles.
- Squat down by bending from your hips and pushing your buttocks backward. Squeeze the pillow with your knees even more.
- Pull your body down, like a spring, then bounce up 4 times while staying in this squat position. Hold your hands in front of your chest.
- Now return back to the starting position.
- Repeat 3 sets with 15 reps.
- Lie on your right side. Your right arm should be bent at the elbow, and the rest, on the floor.
- Place your right leg in front of your left. Grab your left leg with your left hand.
- Start lifting your right leg into the air and hold it briefly. Then lift your leg even higher and hold it again. You should be making 2 flips.
- Return to the starting position.
- Do 3 sets of 15 reps on each side.
- Stand up with your feet wide apart. The arms should be extended forward. Keep your chest straight and don’t lean forward. Imagine that you have a glass of water on your head.
- Squat a little bit and lift your right heel. This position will isolate the inner thigh on that side of the body.
- Start doing little squats. You will feel the targeted thigh burning.
- Keep doing squats for 1 minute and 30 seconds on each side.
7. One leg swipe
- Lie down on your back. Your legs should be straight. Your arms should be extended to the sides on the floor. The toes should look up at the ceiling.
- Raise your right leg and start lowering it to the left side. Don’t relax your toes. Then, move your straightened leg to the right side as it’s shown in the picture.
- Be sure to keep your shoulders and arms on the floor. Don’t strain your neck.
- Do 3 sets of 15 reps for each leg.
Bonus: types of exercises that are best for burning fat
Research has shown that all types of exercise are important for your overall fitness level. However, anaerobic exercises like sprinting, high-intensity interval training, and especially weightlifting are most effective for fat loss.
If you don’t feel confident about adding weight to your workouts, you can do anaerobic exercises without it. Experts advise doing the curtsy lunge or squats while brushing your teeth, especially if you don’t have extra time to hit the gym.
What kinds of sports do you prefer? Are you a person who prefers training at home or at the gym?