20 Cats Reacting to Events That Are Entirely “New” to Them
Did you know that cats react very strangely when they see a cucumber? The reason for this is that cucumbers are somewhat like snakes in shape, color and smell, according to cats. Because of evolution and survival wiring, cats feel compelled to act quickly and follow their instincts, which in this case, are telling them to “leave ASAP.” Well, these kinds of “misunderstandings” happen to cats every day, and not only with cucumbers, but with many other things as well. And some cat owners manage to capture these perplexed kitty faces on camera.
Many kittens that were scared of the world at one point or another were captured on camera and their owners shared these masterpieces with us along with their backstories. Bright Side went through some of these photos and chose the funniest ones just for you.
1. “My cat just noticed that we have a ticking clock on our living room wall. We’ve been living here for 2 years.”
2. “What do you mean, ’rabies vaccine!?’”
3. “She can hear the plumbers working in the basement to repair a leak.”
4. “I was eating an extra-strong Halls cough drop and blew in his direction.”
5. “I walked in and lifted the blanket while he was fast asleep.”
6. “Unappreciated boop”
7. “The look she gave me when I told her she wasn’t going to be an only kitty anymore”
8. “Somebody walked up the stairs.”
9. “I sang his name really loud.”
10. “Caught my cat staring at me like this.”
11. “My cat Tuna Fish’s reaction to seeing me in the bath. She’s the most expressive cat I’ve ever had!”
12. “It was her first time seeing birds.”
13. “Help, I accidentally adopted a fruit bat!”
14. “I poked my cat.”
15. “Marvel the cat’s reaction to 2020”
16. “People were walking outside.”
17. “Something outside surprised her mid-lick.”
18. “She wasn’t a fan of the snow.”
19. “I had the audacity to interrupt playtime.”
20. “My mom gave me a little woolen version of my cat.”
What does your pet surprise you with? Let us know in the comments. Also, keep in mind that scaring cats with cucumbers could lead them to develop psychological problems! So take this as a lesson on things to avoid.