20 People Who Fell in Love With the Pets They Never Wanted
67% of households in the US have a pet, but it turns out that not all of these people willingly got a pet. For example, a dad who thought cats weren’t good for anything but now can’t stop taking selfies filled with joy. Then a boyfriend who only liked big dogs, now lets his chihuahua nap on his shoulder. Somewhere deep down, we just can’t say no to cute faces.
We at Bright Side found photos from people who shared them on the internet, as proof that everyone loves pets, even those who never wanted to have one in the first place.
1. “This is my dad who said he hates cats and my cat.”
2. “Cranky dad thought Duncan would be a ‘weirdo’ because he was born an only kitten.”
3. " I was the one who didn’t want pets and still we decided to foster this guy, and my wife caught this moment of us together."
4. “We can only have big dogs...”
5. “He thought Mabel was ’gross’ when we first got her. Now she sleeps with us so she ’doesn’t get cold.’”
6. “’I don’t like dogs...’ One year later.”
7. “Mr. ’I don’t even want a cat’ around 30 seconds after I set her down.”
8. “I’m not a bird person.”
9. ’’I hate cats, why do you want one?’’ 2 months later...
10. “No dogs in the house,” he once said.
11. “I don’t want a dog in this house.”
12. “There is nothing good about cats -my dad.”
13. “Until then, he didn’t want a cat.”
14. “Got Leeroy a couple of weeks back. My girlfriend didn’t want a cat and still tells friends she doesn’t like him. Yeah... ok.”
15. “My husband after not seeing him for almost 2 weeks. Forget greeting the wife and children. He missed his ‘baby’!”
16. “I don’t like dogs. I am just not a dog person.”
17. “I don’t want anything to do with a dog”
18. “Dad then: “dogs are too much responsibility.” Dad now: “he is my favorite...he goes to the park with me every morning.”
19. “He was originally opposed to getting kittens. “Don’t move them! They like sleeping on the bed!”
20. “Just to clarify, these are your cats! I want nothing to do with them!”
Did anyone in your home not want before they ended up with one? How long did they need to become best friends with your pet? How many pets do you have?