18 People Who Did Things Their Own Way and Didn’t Regret It
Have you ever tried to add up how much money you spend on your beauty routine? Beauty products, haircuts, manicures, pedicures... It seems like this list could go on forever. And we shouldn’t forget about clothes, because we have to replace them from time to time. It seems like the people from our article noticed this tendency and decided to do some of these procedures themselves.
We at Bright Side are really happy for people who can brilliantly do anything they try to do. At the end of the article, you’ll find a bonus that shows how ingenious people can be.
1. “I didn’t want to pay $90 for a mullet haircut so I did it myself.”
2. “I made this dress for Valentine’s Day from a $2 bedsheet.”
3. “Although my wedding isn’t for another 9 months, I’m already learning to do my own makeup.”
4. “I have curly shoulder-length hair. I just took a razor and trimmed it like that. I feel so bold now.”
5. “My family was upset that I didn’t buy a ‘real’ wedding dress and decided to make one myself.”
6. “In the left photo, it’s me after a hairdresser cut my hair unevenly. Luckily, I managed to fix it myself.”
7. “I quickly made this business dress myself.”
8. “A couple of years ago, after a difficult breakup, I went to my hairdresser and got a cool haircut. Today, I decided to recreate that look and cut my hair myself.”
9. “I made myself a winter coat to survive the Canadian winter.”
10. “I’ve learned how to contour my nose.”
11. “I had to cut each curl individually!”
12. “I made my first shirt today.”
13. “Cutting my hair that started as a 2 a.m. impulse decision ended up looking great!”
14. “My mom bought this dress for $1 because of its soft and beautiful fabric. I had to take it apart completely and sew it back together.”
15. “I really enjoy Yohji Yamamoto’s aesthetic. Today, I made this asymmetrical layered top in his style. It took me about 10 hours.”
16. “I saw this cool hairstyle on the internet, but decided to quickly test it out on my boyfriend’s locks first.”
17. “I’ve finally managed to get a visible cut crease. Not perfect, but I’m happy.”
18. “I watched a lot of videos on YouTube and decided that I could cut my bangs myself.”
Bonus: “My mom knitted a scarf made of tea bag strings.”
We’re sure that there are a lot of talented people among our readers. Tell us, what can you do better than the professionals? Or it’d be even better if you showed your work to us in the comments.
Preview photo credit darthsnarff / Reddit