A Dad Asked Reddit for Cool Facts to Amuse His 4-Year-Old, and Gets Enough to Last a Lifetime
One father was looking for fun trivia to feed his 4-year-old daughter’s thirst for knowledge, and decided to turn to folks on Reddit. We’re not sure he expected such an overwhelming response, but so many people shared their favorite facts that we even got lost in all the comments!
We at Bright Side went down that rabbit hole of awesome facts about our world and got enough to share with all of you.
- Most elephants weigh as much as a blue whale’s tongue.
- The color red doesn’t make bulls angry, they’re colorblind.
- It snows metal on Venus.
- Bees tell their friends about good flowers nearby by dancing.
- J.K. Rowling is richer than The Queen of England.
- Otters have skin pockets for their favorite rocks.
- There’s an island in Japan that is only populated by fluffy bunnies.
- Butterflies smell with their feet.
- Flamingos turn pink from eating shrimp.
- Cows get excited when they solve puzzles.
- Koalas sleep 22 hours a day.
Scotland’s national animal is a unicorn.
- Cows have “best friends” and get stressed when they get separated.
- There are more stars than there are grains of sand on all the beaches in the world.
- A hummingbird weighs less than a penny.
- Animals that lay eggs don’t have belly buttons.
- If you leave and come back at the same time every day, dogs can tell when you’re coming home by how much of your scent is left in the house.
- Elephants have a noise that means “there are bees here, let’s leave immediately.”
- The filling in a Kit Kat is broken up Kit Kats.
- It rains diamonds on Saturn and Jupiter.
Do you know any curious facts? Leave more of them in the comments!
Preview photo credit Greg Hume / Wikimedia Commons, depositphotos.com
Bright Side/Curiosities/A Dad Asked Reddit for Cool Facts to Amuse His 4-Year-Old, and Gets Enough to Last a Lifetime
Share This Article