Tattoo Regret: People Are Sharing Their Tattoo Regrets
Getting ink can be tempting. But like any decision, in order not to get a tattoo that you regret, we recommend you think about it even more than twice. It’s shown that 3 out of 4 people regret tattoos because they got them spontaneously. That being said, if you’re thinking of getting a tattoo, we will show you a complete guide on how to avoid getting one that you’ll ultimately regret.
We at Bright Side found stories from people who are sharing their tattoo regrets. And using their real experiences, here are some useful tips to stay away from regretful ink. So, whether it’s the first time you’ve ever stepped into a tattoo studio or your tenth, we want you to feel confident in your decision.
1. “Note to self, do not mark your body with any future wedding dates.”
Kaley Cuoco is a celeb who has experienced a regretful tattoo. Back in 2013, the actress got the date of her wedding tattooed on her back. Unfortunately, her marriage didn’t last long. The ingenious way Cuoco fixed this regrettable tattoo was by getting a new butterfly design to cover up the previous one.
Addressing this situation more funnily and trying to advise people to avoid getting tattoos they’ll regret, Cuoco shared her experience on her Instagram, writing, “Note to self do not mark your body with any future wedding dates.”
2. “I got it when I was, like, 17, and I’m so irritated that I got it. I got it lasered many times and it’s not coming out.”
Celebrity Jessica Alba is someone who has tattoo regret because she made the decision at a young age. If she could travel back in time, she would like to remove the flower tattoo that she has on the back of her neck. “I got it when I was, like, 17, and I’m so irritated that I got it. I got it lasered many times, and it’s not coming out.”
3. “Way too young. You have no idea what you want to put on your body at the age of 16, you need to wait until at least 21 and decide.”
Nicki Minaj also joins the list of celebs who regret a tattoo because she got it done at a very young age. Here are her thoughts about the tattoo she got when she was 16 years old: “Way too young. You have no idea what you want to put on your body at the age of 16, you need to wait until at least 21 and decide.”
4. “This is my ex-girlfriend, so I tried to cut her face up with some shading, but people still know.”
Justin Bieber is guilty of having a tattoo that he regrets. The Canadian singer wishes he didn’t have a tattooed portrait of his ex-girlfriend, Selena Gomez, on his wrist. “This is my ex-girlfriend, so I tried to cut her face up with some shading, but people still know,” the singer said.
5. Ariana Grande is also part of our list of people who regret tattoos.
Here’s yet another celebrity story about regrettable tattoos. At the launch of her new song, “7 Rings,” pop singer Ariana Grande got a tattoo to celebrate. She wanted the artist to write the name of her song in Japanese, but her fans pointed out to her that the tattoo actually says “Japanese BBQ finger.” She had to alter the tattoo to reverse the mistake.
6. Kelly Osbourne knows that most regretted tattoos don’t always have a happy ending.
Peer pressure can be a big factor in getting a regretful tattoo. Kelly Osburne has revealed that she feels most of her tattoos were a mistake. She opened up about getting tattooed as a way to rebel against her parents, knowing they would disapprove. And while she’s gotten into laser tattoo removal, she admits the procedure hurts even more than getting them done.
Bonus: People regretting tattoos, like you and me, are very common too.
1. “I’ve had this tattoo for 7 years, and now I am starting to regret it. I love the abbreviation on it, but the daisy doesn’t look as good anymore.”
2. “Kind of regret not asking my artist to change her design because I asked for a full moon and this is what she came up with.”
3. “Got this about a year ago and instantly regretted not going somewhere better.”
4. “Got this a few years ago and now I am really regretting it.”
5. “Got this tattoo from a shady tattoo artist and I really regret it.”
Do you have a tattoo you regret? Let us know in the comments below and share your story!