21 People Who Wanted to Reach Their Dreams and Won — Now Their Stories Inspire Millions
Being able to grow strawberries with your own hands, drawing a picture by yourself or having victory over a long-lasting phobia — all these achievements portray our unique ability to start life all over again. Our lives are full of small and big victories, and the joy we get from them should be shared with others. And that’s what the people in our compilation did!
Here at Bright Side, we know that sometimes in order to make the first step, one needs a source and an example of inspiration. That’s why we are sharing our portion of motivation so that you can start your journey to new successes!
21. “My goal was to graduate before I reached 100 years of age. I made it with 33 years to spare.”
20. After having suffered from bullying and teasing about her extra weight, Dana Falsetti managed to prove to herself and the entire world that all people have the same opportunities. She became a yoga instructor, opened her own yoga school and got an award from the fitness industry.
19. “After working as a taxi driver for over 15 hours a day for a few years, my dad finally decided to realize his dream of starting a restaurant. Here he is getting a culinary degree.”
18. “I promised my students that if they all passed the state test, I’d shave off half my beard on the last day of school. Experiencing seriously mixed emotions.”
17. “My son patiently grew his hair for 4 years and finally hit the donation length last week! He had gorgeous thick hair that will help make a beautiful wig.”
16. “It has been a long road to recovery, in more ways than one. But it’s been 4 years since I got clean from meth.”
15. “10 months ago, my anxiety was so bad I could hardly leave the house alone. Today, I completed my first solo camping trip.”
14. “I finally finished my state quarter collection!”
13. “I folded a paper dragon without getting a single cut.”
12. “Made my friend walk 5km for the $1000 view!”
11. “My fiancé doesn’t have enough yard for a proper garden but she’s made do with pots!”
10. “I finished my first embroidery project where I used a combination of stitches.”
9. “I made my boyfriend and I matching outfits for The Incredibles movie! It was very worth it because we got lots of compliments!”
8. “Things are finally coming together. First time living solo.”
7. “I’ve been very fortunate to dance with every one of my children. This is my youngest son and me at his introduction to the dance circle.”
6. “I built a vertical farm for a school project and I’m very happy with the results.”
5. “I know this might look like nothing to you, but it’s my first time growing a strawberry by myself.”
4. “I don’t want to boast, but today I have taken these beehives away without getting a single sting.”
3. “My mom and I went to Havasupai Falls last weekend. Mad respect to her for pushing through this trek.”
2. “Just hit the 2-year mark in my recovery from anorexia.”
1. “2 years ago I was sleeping under a bridge. Today I began training on this beast!”
Dear readers! We are curious about what’s happening in your life. If you have ever volunteered in a nursing home, lived in Bangladesh, worked in a Michelin-star restaurant in Paris, or just want to tell the world why it is so important to pick people up at the airport, write an email to email@example.com with the title, “My Story” and let the whole world know about you.