25 Concise Pieces of Zen Buddhist Wisdom to Bring Peace to Your Soul
Zen Buddhism doesn’t search for a meaning to life — instead, it helps us to get over life’s difficulties. It teaches us to be patient, to be attentive to what’s going on at every single moment, and to concentrate on the here and now.
Here are 25 pieces of Zen Buddhist wisdom. We at Bright Side think they can show you the path to a different outlook on life, which may provide answers to many of the most important questions you will ever face.
- The temptation to give up is strongest just before victory.
- The goal in life is to die young, but to do as late as possible.
- Don’t speak if it doesn’t improve on silence.
- A thousand-mile journey begins with just one step.
- A strong man overcomes an obstacle, a wise man goes the whole way.
- Don’t be afraid to go slowly. Be afraid of stopping.
- Even the happiness of a fool is a stupid kind of happiness.
- Even if you stumble and fall down, it doesn’t mean you’ve chosen the wrong path.
- A hut full of laughter is richer than a palace full of sadness.
- Always look on the bright side of things. If you can’t comprehend this, polish that which has become dull until it begins to shine.
- Whatever happens always happens on time.
- Someone who points out your flaws to you is not necessarily your enemy. Someone who speaks of your virtues is not necessarily your friend.
- Don’t be afraid that you do not know something. Be afraid of not learning about it.
- A good teacher opens the door for you, but you must enter the room by yourself.
- A mountain never yields to the wind no matter how strong it is.
- Live calmly. The time will come when the flowers bloom by themselves.
- There’s no such thing as a friend who doesn’t have any flaws. But if you try to look for all their flaws, you will remain with no friends.
- Unhappiness enters through a door that has been left open.
- No one returns from a long journey the same person they were before.
- A person who is capable of blushing cannot have a bad heart.
- It’s better be a person for a day than to be a shadow for a 1,000 days.
- Your home is where your thoughts find peace.
- The man who moved the mountain was the one who began carrying away the smallest stones.
- If you’ve made a mistake, it’s better just to laugh at it.
- The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.