8 Small Details That Can Truly Make You Look Stylish
We all want to look good, and we think it is hard to “dress to impress.” You don’t need to be a fashion designer to look amazing and have a sense of style. Here are some simple tips that’ll elevate your outfit game to the next level.
1. Take your shirt style to the next level
If you are bored of wearing the same combination all the time, try repurposing your favorite pieces of clothing and experimenting with them without even destroying the original shape.
- Grab your favorite shirt.
- Put it on backward (buttons should be on your back).
- Tie the shirt behind your back.
- Now you’re ready.
2. Fancy basic shirt
T-shirts with additional accessories can enrich our look. Due to tiny but noticeable details, their price can vary significantly from ordinary t-shirts. Why spend extra money when we can get the desired effect by experimenting with clothes that are already in your closet.
- Wear a plain black t-shirt. Take 2 black shoelaces and carefully tie them together.
- Lift your bra from the side of the back and insert the shoelaces under the bra. Make sure to insert them where both of the laces meet.
- Stretch the laces and wrap them around the waist, making an “X” shape, which can be seen from the front.
- Once you are done, tie the laces around the back.
3. Don’t wear too many colors
Sometimes mixing too many colors can work against your style. The rule states that you should not wear more than 3 colors. The exceptions are black and white, which are technically tones rather than colors and can be blended in as a fourth color in your outfit. But rules can be broken, so don’t let this stop you from experimenting.
4. Tank top improvement
On hot summer days, tank tops are fantastic. They are simple but stylish when worn correctly. There are many combinations you can create with them. Hers is one little trick that can make them much more fashionable.
- Put on your favorite color tank top.
- Grab both of the straps.
- Put them over your neck, the left strap to the right and the right one to the left.
- Adjust the fabric, and you’re done.
5. Styling a T-shirt
T-shirts are super versatile, comfortable, and stylish. They can be combined with anything, but there is a way to improve them.
- Get a bracelet or a metal ring, grab the T-shirt above your belly button, gather the material, and pull.
- Slide the ring.
- Twist the tag end.
- Tuck it under the T-shirt.
6. The proper way to tuck jeans into boots
Tucking your jeans inside your boots is a simple way to improve your style. Sometimes when doing this, the denim will not stay in place. It will roll out as you walk. Here is an easy trick to prevent that from happening.
- Grab a rubber band.
- Put it on your jeans above your ankle.
- Slide on your favorite boots.
7. Improving old jeans
Throwing away old and worn-out jeans is not a good thing. You can bring your old denim back to life with a few simple steps. Here’s one idea:
- Put the jeans on a flat surface.
- Grab bleach, a paintbrush, and a cookie cutter in any shape. Position the cookie cutter on the jeans and paint some bleach inside using the cutter as a guide.
- Leave it to dry, and you will be left with interesting shapes on your denim.
8. Turning a basic dress into a stylish one
If you’ve ever gone to a party in a rush and realized that your dress didn’t fit properly, here are a few tips that can help you quickly fix it.
- Grab the fabric right under your waist.
- Pull it between your fingers from both sides and make a few layers.
- Grab a pin and pin the layers, so they don’t unravel.
- You’re ready to party.