We Found 10 Cool iPad Accessories That Can Turn It Into a Machine Straight From the Future
An iPad is a super useful device because, besides being extremely portable, it’s a perfect blend of a smartphone and a laptop. But there are some cool gadgets on the market that you can buy to have an even better experience, like a retro keyboard or a slim mouse to get things done faster.
In this article, you’ll discover a selection of products that will amp up your tablet.
1. Type faster on your iPad with this retro-style Bluetooth typewriter. You’ll feel more inclined to write using this pastel gadget that will surely brighten up your desk setup.
👍🏼 More than 450 global ratings: 4.5 out of 5 stars
This cute Bluetooth typewriter has 86 keys in a compact layout that will guarantee complete functionality. It’s a product that measures 12.7 in x 7.8 in x 1.8 in, so it will save space on your desk.
- It has a stable wireless connection with an operating distance of 33 feet (10 meters).
- It features 12 easy-to-reach function hotkeys.
- This item might feel small for those who prefer a full keyboard layout.
- It requires one AAA battery.
Promising review: This keyboard is wonderful. I paired it with my 2022 iPad Pro, and it connected like a dream. Within seconds, I was typing on the iPad, transforming it into a laptop. The keys make a wonderful clicking sound, which is exactly what I wanted. Highly recommend! — Nicolacforster_author
Buy the Bluetooth typewriter on Amazon now.
2. Protect your Apple Pencil with this silicone sleeve. It’s a gadget that will magnetically attach to your tablet so that you can charge it (but without a case if you happen to have one).
👍🏼 More than 150 global ratings: 4.4 out of 5 stars
You’ll be grateful for this silicone sleeve that will protect your stylus from daily scratches, drops, and shocks. Also, it has a clip design, so you don’t lose it.
- It boasts an anti-slip holder for a comfortable user experience.
- It includes 3 tip covers to protect the pen’s end.
- It will not work with first-generation Apple Pencils.
- Please note that the stylus is not included.
Promising review: In short, this is a perfect attachment to a perfect accessory. This added an extra layer of comfort to what some would argue is already a perfectly comfortable product. After a few unfortunate drops, I’m also happy to report that the layer of protection is exactly what you would expect from this kind of product. — Chris Pressley
Buy the silicone sleeve on Amazon now.
3. Be more productive at the office or at school with this affordable wireless mouse. It’s a great all-rounder that is slim and silent with clicks. Also, it’s available in 5 cute colors.
👍🏼 15,800 global ratings: 4.7 out of 5 stars
This pebble-shaped wireless mouse is nice to hold. Also, it’s lightweight, so it’s easy to carry around.
- It has a long battery life — up to 18 months on a AA battery.
- It features dual connectivity via wireless technology or a tiny USB receiver.
- It doesn’t include a battery level indicator.
- It doesn’t come with back and forward thumb buttons.
Promising review: Perfect little travel mouse, silent clicking, very responsive, and easy to use. I use it with my iPad Pro, but it will connect to the USB dongle too if needed. It saves me from taking the Magic Mouse out of the house and, as such, is perfect for my needs. Cheap and well-made, as is everything Logitech. — Tony S
Buy the wireless mouse X on Amazon now.
4. If you enjoy drawing or writing on your iPad, you need to get these matte screen protectors. They help improve precision, so it will be easier for you to make illustrations or take notes.
👍🏼 More than 20,000 global ratings: 4.2 out of 5 stars
Unleash your creativity on your tablet with these matte screen protectors. You’ll feel as if you are using actual paper, which will result in smooth lines and better accuracy.
- It’s compatible with the Apple Pencil and alternative styluses.
- It comes with a cleaning kit: a wipe, dust absorber, and a microfiber cleaning cloth.
- This product is only compatible with the iPad Pro (2022/2021/2020).
- Bear in mind, this set only includes 2 pieces.
Promising review: I bought this, as a fellow user of Procreate recommended it to me. Very easy to install and looks great. Even when I use my Apple Pencil to “type” anything, it’s very smooth and really does feel like paper! You get 2 screen protectors and all that you need to get started. Very much worth the cost. — Heidi B.
Buy the matte screen protectors on Amazon now.
5. Place your iPad on this handy adjustable tablet stand, which will allow you to read or see documents at a comfortable angle. It’s compatible with a wide range of devices (even iPhones).
👍🏼 More than 20,400 global ratings: 4.7 out of 5 stars
This adjustable tablet stand can be used with all four 12.9-inch tablets and smartphones (such as iPhone 13 or 14), even including devices from other brands.
- This product has anti-slip pads to help you look after your iPad.
- It has a charging port opening so that you can charge your devices.
- It’s only available in 3 colors: gray, black, and rose gold.
- It might not be so good for an upright tablet, so please be careful with this orientation.
Promising review: It is completely stable when holding a 10.2-inch iPad in a thick Otterbox case, in both portrait and landscape orientations. When raising the device from the table and allowing adjustments to its angle, it makes for a much better stand than a cover or keyboard cover does. It looks good — like the built-in stand for an iMac. It feels nicely heavy and well-made. — Possum Beard
Buy the adjustable tablet stand on Amazon now.
6. In case you’re in the market for something that feels more like a real pen, you can get this pack of pencil tips. These offer different thickness levels and come in white, clear, and black.
👍🏼 More than 2,000 global ratings: 4.4 out of 5 stars
These pencil tips are compatible with the Apple Pencil first generation and second generation. Plus, the top section of the pencil is very durable because it’s made of stainless steel.
- This item offers great precision because it helps capture fine details.
- Its spherical nib will allow you to write smoothly and is highly sensitive to pressure changes.
- These tips might be hard to control if you’re not familiar with digital note-taking.
Promising review: It improves the writing experience. Wanted to use my iPad for taking notes, but found the standard pencil tips felt very unnatural. After some research into alternatives, decided to try these. They make the writing experience much nicer, especially when used with a paper-feel screen protector. Will definitely buy it again. — Darren Ayley
Buy the pack of pencil tips on Amazon now.
7. Store your iPad when you’re on the go with this practical case, which will contain your tablet and all your accessories. You can choose one of its beautiful designs and colors.
👍🏼 More than 1,700 global ratings: 4.7 out of 5 stars
All of your iPad accessories will stay safe and sound with this practical case. It’s a product that has passed the “military drop test,” so it will protect them against accidental drops and bumps.
- Scratch-free: It features velvet fabric for the cover of the tablet.
- It has a large capacity and is compatible with a wide range of iPad devices.
- Some people might consider this item smaller than expected. Its internal dimensions are 10.82″ x 7.87″.
- Bear in mind this product doesn’t include accessories (keyboard, cables, etc.).
Promising review: Everyone raves about the Tomtoc case and, having bitten the bullet and bought one, I can see why. Brilliant bit of kit for transporting your iPad and accessories. Well-thought-out and will even fit a separate keyboard providing it’s around 11 inches, or the apple smart/magic keyboard attached to your iPad. If you need a case, go out and buy this one. You will not be disappointed. — Bossman247
Buy the practical case on Amazon now.
8. Transform your tablet into a powerful laptop with this USB-C hub, which will allow you to connect HDMI cables and MicroSD cards. It has 7 ports to use different hardware interfaces.
👍🏼 More than 21,000 global ratings: 4.6 out of 5 stars
This USB-C hub is compatible with both iPad OS and mac OS, so you’ll be able to transfer files between these 2 devices. In addition, you can transfer files in seconds with this little gadget.
- It will provide high-speed pass-through charging to your laptop.
- It comes with a travel pouch and an 18-month warranty.
- There’s no multi-function USB-C port.
- It doesn’t have an Ethernet port.
Promising review: Anker is always quality stuff. I always liked Anker’s power bricks, so when I was looking for something for the iPad, this caught my eye. Perfect for photographers using iPads for work with an SD card reader as well as the powered hub. — Chris — Leeds
Buy the USB-C hub on Amazon now.
9. If you’re always on the move, you definitely need a pack of ultra-durable cables. These are made of high-quality TPE shells with braided nylon, so they’re very sturdy and resistant.
👍🏼 More than 210 global ratings: 4.4 out of 5 stars
You’ll be seriously impressed with these ultra-durable cables, which can withstand 15,000+ bends and 10,000+ plug-and-unplug times.
- They’re long and tidy at 10 feet (or 3 meters).
- It boasts fast and safe charging with a transmission speed of 480 Mbps and a 3A fast charge.
- They’re only available in the color red.
- You might need a longer cable if you’re too far away from a plug.
Promising review: The product itself is in a packaged box. The cable is very sturdy, not cheap or flimsy looking. The joint ends are also sealed and secure. Charging seems fine.
This is a 2-pack, always a good idea. Pleased with the product. — Ruby from Cheshire
Buy the ultra-durable cables on Amazon now.
10. Set up your tablet in your bedroom or on your treadmill with the help of this genius gooseneck arm mount. You’ll be able to watch your favorite TV shows while you do something else.
👍🏼 More than 18,900 global ratings: 4.2 out of 5 stars
This gooseneck arm mount is compatible with any device from a diagonal of 4.7 to 10.5 inches.
- It features a reinforced, thickened base that won’t break easily.
- It has a flexible stiffened arm that is made of aluminum/magnesium alloy.
- Note that this gadget is only suitable for viewing or reading.
- It might be a bit hard to adjust for some people due to its strong materials.
Promising review: This is a simple and inexpensive gadget to hold your iPad Mini (or similar device) in a convenient place and leave your hands free. I’ve clamped mine to a bedside table, so I can read more comfortably before going to sleep. It works like a charm.
It’s very easy to loosen the clamp and move the entire stand elsewhere in the home. The iPad is held securely by the tablet mount, yet it is easy to remove your device. — Mark J McGarry
Buy the gooseneck arm mount on Amazon now.
Bright Side gets commissions for purchases made through links in this post.