17 People Share Astonishing Stories That Actually Happened to Them
Some situations in our life can weird us out to the point where we ask ourselves, “Was this real?” Then we have to tell people about our experiences that no one saw but us. Sometimes it’s a great memory or a scary one, but we’re still amazed at how it happened.
- One time as a kid, I was standing by the edge of a cliff over my dad’s garage. It was pretty slippery at the edge and, because of that, I accidentally slipped and fell. It was probably 6-7 meters down to the ground. On the ground, there was this singular plank that had been placed to rest between 2 tables. I literally fell down 5-6 meters, landed with my butt on the plank, and bounced down on the ground, feet first. It didn’t hurt one bit. I don’t know how I got so lucky. © Deechon / Reddit
- Went camping last year. Woke up to something pressing in on the tent down by my feet. Watched as the pressing in shook the whole side of the tent and moved up from my feet to my hip. That’s when I realized that whatever was pushing in on me was a human hand.
I could clearly see the fingers outlined. Immediately took stock of everyone in my tent — all present and accounted for. Jumped up out of my cot. I was the only one who saw it. Everyone else told me to go back to bed. © melsywelsy / Reddit
- My parents and sister were on the beach watching me. With how clear and calm the water was, I’d occasionally go under, blow out all my air, and just sit on the sandy bottom. I can open my eyes in short intervals in saltwater so I’d look around a bit once I settled on the bottom.
During one of these drops to the bottom, I bumped into something and a giant, dark blob took up nearly my entire field of vision when I opened my eyes. At first, I thought it was an alligator and I was a goner, but it turned out to be an equally startled manatee. I had no idea they could swim that fast. © j0s9p8h7 / Reddit
- I had a job interview in a town I had never been to before. Got lost and decided to park the car and walked up to a random stranger, some old man I have never seen before. Asked him where I can find the “name of the business.”
He politely tells me where to find it, and then says, “You’re welcome (my full name).” I never told him my first and last name, just asked for directions. I was dumbfounded, and he just chuckles and walks off into some store. © ZoharTheWise / Reddit
- Once, when I was on a beach, I made some friends and we were playing hide and seek on the beach because there were areas with rocks and leaves that gave us a place to hide. So I’m hiding right by the water, with my hand next to an area of rocks, and I’m sitting there, and out of a hole in between the rocks, a small little octopus grabs my hand. I obviously pull my hand away, and nobody ever believed me. © AnAntDrinkingKoolaid / Reddit
- My dad picked me up and we went about 20 miles out to the countryside. He was visiting a friend who had a river running through his property, Dad wanted to talk to the guy about fishing. The guy also had a little shop selling knickknacks and ornaments. My dad is one of the stingiest people alive, he never buys anything.
I begged him to let me choose a gift, but he allowed me just one. I chose a small blue-ish Viking statue, it was half a set, but I definitely wasn’t allowed to buy the woman Viking. Just one. When I got home, my mom said she had gone for a drive that day with her partner, stopped at a tiny gift shop, and bought a woman Viking statue. The other half of the set. © hungryturtle84 / Reddit
- When I was a kid, my family would watch the lottery drawing after the nightly news. I remember sitting there and for some reason, I started just saying numbers trying to guess what the balls were going to be before they called them out. I guessed all the numbers correctly before they were called out. My family was freaked out that I did that but laughed about it, joking that I’m picking numbers for their tickets from now on. © Old-Lingonberry2312 / Reddit
- Back in 2002, when I was 17 years old and attending my school’s homecoming dance, I started to feel overheated, so I stepped outside to get some fresh air and cool off. I looked up at the clear and starry sky that evening and caught something moving in a straight line across the sky.
I thought it was just a satellite passing over until it did an abrupt 90-degree turn, went a little way, did a loop-de-loop motion, then shot off toward the horizon in the opposite direction from where it was initially moving. It gave me goosebumps. © FuzzMcBeefy84 / Reddit
Which of these stories astounded you? Do you have any experiences that no one believes happened? Tell us in the comments.