12 Times Kate Middleton Gracefully Channeled Princess Diana’s Style
Royal fashion isn’t just about looking regal and sophisticated. Kensington Palace showcases Princess Diana’s iconic wedding dress. The curator says designers make intentional choices that communicate with the public. And Kate Middleton has chosen to walk in her mother-in-law’s footsteps by wearing outfits that have channeled the late Princess Diana’s style throughout the years.
Here at Bright Side, we’ve marveled at the different outfits Kate has worn that resemble the elegance and beauty of Princess Diana.
1. Princess Diana in 1985 and Kate Middleton in 2021. Both attending James Bond premieres.
2. Princess Diana in 1987 at a charity event. Kate Middleton at a reception in Pakistan in 2019.
3. Wedding dresses: Diana’s dress in 1981 and The Duchess of Cambridge in 2011.
4. Kate Middleton’s dress she wore to the 2019 Wimbledon Women’s Finals is similar to that of Diana’s in 1991.
5. In 1989 Princess Diana wore this gown to a state dinner. Kate wore her red dress to a reception for heads of state in 2020, 31 years later.
6. Diana wore her dress to a polo match in 1987. Kate wore her dress to the Warner Bros. studio opening in 2013.
7. In 1993 Diana wore a red coat with black gloves to a Christmas Day service. Kate wore this outfit in 2011.
8. Princess Diana wore her dress in 1989. Kate wore this dress in 2014 while on a tour of Australia.
9. Kate attended the wedding of Laura Parker Bowles in an outfit that resembles the one Diana wore on her first trip to Wales in 1981.
10. In 1994, Princess Diana attended a Vanity Fair party in this black dress. Kate wore her black dress to an award show.
11. Diana wore her dress while in Australia. Kate wore her dress while on a visit to Germany.
12. Diana wore her dress in 1987 at the Cannes Film Festival. Kate wore her dress to a BAFTA event in 2011.
Which of these outfits do you like best? Which outfit do you think suited Princess Diana and Kate Middleton the most?
Got some cool photos or stories and want to be featured on Bright Side? Send them all right HERE and right now. Meanwhile, we’re waiting!