20 Pics That Prove Good Deeds Are Not as Hard to Come By as You’d Think
To do good, nothing more is needed than the will to do good. Sometimes people think that if they want to be someone who really makes a change, they need to have a lot of resources, or they think that changing little habits will not have a real impact on society. However, all great change begins with oneself, and even the little bit we can do will help the world.
We at Bright Side believe that, if we all do our part, we can make the planet we live on a better place, and proof of that are the people featured in this article.
1. “Joked with my fifth-graders that Friday was ’bring your teacher their favorite coffee day,’ and I guess they decided to make it real!”
2. Goodness is still present in this world
“So my sister found out no one came to my baby shower and a bunch of women from her mom group came together found my baby registry on Amazon and sent these items plus more! I had no idea until they started showing up at my door! I’m so grateful and thankful! They have helped me out so much!”
3. It is not every day that we have the opportunity to help Mother Nature.
“This little guy got hit by something and ended up laying in my driveway. Brought him in, warmed him up, spent hours on the phone. Finally got in touch with a wild bird rehabber who will help get this little guy fixed up! Glad I got the chance to have this little guy’s back!”.
4. All animals deserve to be treated with love
“Went biking today and found these 2 just lying in the grass 3 feet from the road and the bike trail where they intersect. I cleared out one side of my pack and put them in. Rode 14 miles back with them. Neighbor runs a rescue. Currently quarantining in my garage. They’ve eaten a ton.”
5. “Me and the boy doing our thing, we found a free ball with today’s trash.”
6. There are little details that make others feel good.
“So I am a larger woman and I am at the Crayola Experience with my daughter having a good time and another younger girl looks at me and says, ‘Mom look at her.’ The mom looks at me and smiles and says, ‘Yeah, she’s beautiful isn’t she!’ Omg, my heart!”
7. “I packed over 250 meals yesterday for donation. We served rice, lentils, and kheer to the poor.”
8. “This young lady wanted to help foster kids.”
“She started a project that collected over 50 backpacks filled with personal care items for local foster kids.”
9. “My daughter donated her hair today.”
10. Animals sometimes need help.
“My mom and I found a dangerously dehydrated baby squirrel on the sidewalk yesterday. We took her home, cooled her off, and gave her Pedialyte. Today she went to a squirrel rescue and they said she would do great!!!”
11. A great initiative that we could all do at home
“Saw that every time I watered the plants there were bees drinking from the ground so I made a bee bath out of a bowl and rocks. Every day when I get home there are a bunch of them drinking and buzzing around. They are my cute little friends now!”
12. “My son comforting his best friend at the vet”
13. “Regular customer caught me crying last week, came in today and gave me this.”
14. Coincidences often lead to good things.
“I met a cat a few weeks ago during my travels to and from work. I noticed a missing poster today on my way home from work and it was the stray I pet each day! She’s reunited with her owner tonight after a long time away! So, so happy right now!”
15. We all know someone who “didn’t want any pets.”
“Rescued this puppy from traffic on the way home 2 days ago. Never wanted a dog but I can’t give her to anyone with a clear conscience, so guess who has a dog now. I made a sling for her as she always wants cuddles.”
16. “I found this taped to a bus stop on my walk home from work.”
17. “This amazing family showed up to one of the largest homeless encampments in my city and handed out free food, water, and toiletries.”
18. “Some jobs suck but at least it sucks less when delivering to my house.”
19. An excellent birthday tradition
“On my birthday, I always try to do an act of service. This year, I chopped off 10” of hair to donate to Children With Hair Loss, a charity that makes wigs for children. It’s easy to donate with them because they need a minimum of 7″ and will take treated, dyed, grey hair too."
20. “A nice person keeps a basket of apples in front of their house. Brightens my commute every morning.”
What charitable act have you witnessed that really touched you?