14 Things That Prove Canada Is a Unique Country
Let us tell you something: you’ve probably been underestimating Canada for your entire life. If you’ve never thought to book a trip there, it’s high time to do so. Except for the hockey and cold winters, they have polar bear jail, a UFO landing pad, thousands of lakes, and maple-leaf-shaped... everything.
Luckily for you, Bright Side comes to your rescue with just a handful of carefully selected facts about Canada that will make you at least consider it for your next vacation. Or, why not move there!
1.They’ve built the first landing pad for UFOs.
2. They sell milk in bags.
3. Canada takes their love for maple very seriously: they make maple leaf shaped cheese puffs!
4. It has the only polar bear jail in the world.
It’s a prison for polar bears and it has 28 cells. The bears are held here for up to 30 days if they are “repeat offenders.”
5. There’s definitely a story behind this...
6. The reason why they’re so nice, is that their geese are already mean enough for them.
7. The license plate of Canada’s northwest territories is shaped like a polar bear.
8. There’s an area in the Hudson Bay region that has less gravity than the rest of the planet.
9. Canada has more lakes than the rest of the world combined — 62% of the world’s lakes are found in this country.
10. Canada has the smallest jail in North America, in Rodney, Ontario.
It’s only 24.3 square meters (261 square feet).
11. Canadians love to say “sorry” so much, that they had to make a law about it.
There’s a law in Canada called the “Apology Act” which prevents parties from using an apology as a statement of fault in court.
12. Canadians breathe, eat, and live hockey, but it’s not their only national sport. That honor also belongs to lacrosse.
13. Santa Claus is Canadian. Maybe that’s why his outfit is mostly of red and white!
14. Canada is the most educated country in the world.
According to the OECD, about 60% of Canada’s population has earned some kind of degree after high school.
Which one of these facts about Canada has convinced you to take a trip there? Are there are any you’d like to add? Please be sure to leave them in a comment.